Why become a member? ×

FS: 4 x GEC KT88s c1984

I've had the GEC KT88s from my ex-Slade Hiwatt DR201 tested today by a local highly respected valve amp tech on his AVO(??) tester, with a view to selling them. These valves were fitted by Slade's amp tech Charlie prior to their last ever US tour in '84 which was cut short due to illness after three gigs & due to rig size & volume the amp has done only another three gigs since.

The figures don't mean a thing to me but he's happy to answer any tech questions via me. He says they all test good, a couple are very slightly microphonic possibly but this may well have improved if I'd had the time to let them warm up fully, but the values are in his opinion good/very good+ & he would be happy to have put them into an amp head IF he didn't already have stock of some.

I saw a similar set reach £480 earlier this month on Ebay, I saw a set 8 years ago sell for £600 but times is tough etc. So the way I see it the first serious offer I get for £350 + postage costs extra will secure them.
I'm not interested in any trades, there's nothing I need & I'm down-sizing the musical gear I seem to have spread far & wide.

I numbered the valves/tubes 1-4 so I knew which measured which and detailed photos can follow to anyone who requires them.

The all important figures...........NB the "Grid" was kept at -20v to match the AVO book's standard for all 4 to maintain consistent comparisons......

No leakage indicated on any of them.

Tube/Valve #1. GM value 7.5mA Anode Current 80.7 (possibly slightly microphonic)
Tube/Valve #2. GM value 7.0mA Anode Current 77.2
Tube/Valve #3. GM value 7.0mA Anode Current 93.8
Tube/Valve #4. GM value 7.0mA Anode Current 68.0 (possibly slightly microphonic)

if any of this doesn't make sense it'll be down to my lack of understanding rather than his inability.
Obviously being what they are I can't offer any guarantees,warranty or returns, but these numbers are accurate & I will answer any & all questions as well as I possibly can.

NB. I do not have Paypal and have no intentions of getting it & am based in the UK.

PS. This post is going to be placed on two other sites but not Ebay as yet to give the real players the chance to get them.