Why become a member? ×

Trace elliot AH600-12 advice

hookys6stringbass

I've had one for a little while now and it is a really good amp, the valve is really good and you can blend the clean and overdriven tones together. Classic TE pre-shape, the 12 band eq is really cool to have if you're really into finding each frequency, I never really got on much with the compressor in it though! It is pretty damn loud, used it mainly with a Trace 4x10 and 1x15 but used it only at home with my super12 which sounds really good! - without trying to promote my own thread but I have one up for trade.........

Edited by S9_S12_Bass

No mistake bud if you like it?!

The overdrive is really nice' as is the compressor as it effects the lows and highs seperately!

I tried one in mansons yesterday through a beastly trace cab which had 210's and a 15 in the same box.

Nice head mate go for it!

Plus i forgot the green lights!!!

Andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

Cheers fellas
I used to love the old Smx's and recently felt the calling back to Trace...
I loved the overdriven tones I could get...wow!!
Still not sure if im to continue my search for an Ashdown 2x15 to play it through or go for one of the new cabs
They're bloody expensive hence the need for advice...just wanted to make I wasn't seeing them through green tinted glasses....

Edited by hookys6stringbass

I had the predecessor, AH500-12 and then the AH1000-12 for a while. Great amps, Trace stuff doesn't get the attention it used to which is a shame as these amps are really underrated.

Didn't use the tube, but the EQ is great and the compressor is excellent, dual band too. Plus it is very loud! Used one through a BF Super12 like S9... said above.

Reliability is an issue, as the 500 failed because of some design issue which I had repaired independently, and a socket failed on the 1000, that had been repaired for the same issue as the 500 before I got it. But the warranty is good (3 years, or is it 5?).