Why become a member? ×

SOLD Infinity 5-String Fretless

Hi guys!

I'm looking to sell an Infinity 5-string fretless bass.

[b]NOTE: THIS IS NOT A WARWICK INFINITY[/b]

I bought this bass, new, just over a year ago for the novelty of five strings and it being fretless but I never got round to sitting down and actually playing it, getting used to a fifth string and no frets.
The whole time, it has just sat there, untouched, ungigged and weeping in the corner.
(except for when it was bought, I had a go to check the tone and got a bit scared!)

It is as new. No dents, scratches, dings, buckle rash or anything cosmetically "wrong" visible.

A beautiful natural wood finish with gloss. I'd hazard a guess at a rosewood fingerboard and maple neck, but I'm not too sure on the types of wood used.
No fret lines on the face of the fingerboard, though there are white dot inlays up the side of the neck, as you'd look down on it. It shows up to the double-dotted 24th fret

There are two soapbar-esque pickups, unbranded, each with a separate volume control and one overall tone control.

The headstock states "Infinity" and is configured in a 2-3 manner, with the B & E tuners on the upper side.

There are no other markings on this bass with serial numbers etc. That is all.

No battery required, this bass has a beautiful round, warm tone that is ideal for jazz, reggae, r 'n' b, soul and can also give you that Pastorius twang when you blend in the higher, brighter tones.

The bass originally had flatwounds fitted but one day, I came home to see that the ball end of the G string had come loose (cheap strings eh?) so I replaced the flatwounds for roundwounds for the time being. Little did I know, I'd never touch the bass again :(
Due to the roundwounds, the fretboard has a few little sideways scratch marks under the strings, where a gig bag has pressed the rounds ever-so-slightly into the board, but these are virtually invisible underneath the strings themselves.

I'd be looking for [b]£150[/b], which [b]would include shipping costs for the UK.[/b]
Negotiations, I'd accept also. Within reason.

I'm in Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
The bass can be tried before bought, if that suits, and would be available to try out at my work, which is a guitar store!

Thanks everyone :)

Edited by Richardflea

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1349188203' post='1822991']
What's the neck like? P-ish, J-ish, Wishbass?
[/quote]

The neck is non-lacquered with a "U" shaped feel. The width of the neck, itself, is very wide and as you move higher up the strings, towards the pickups and bridge, the neck has a flatter feeling, centrally.
It's more like the Modern Flat Oval neck profile in this image but wider: [url="http://www.rocketmusiconline.com/guitar-neck-contours.jpg"]http://www.rocketmusiconline.com/guitar-neck-contours.jpg[/url]

As you can see on the pic showing the reverse, it's contoured for a good hand position and reach.