Why become a member? ×

Our single launch tonight

Cat Burrito

We're at The Slaughtered Lamb, 34-35 Great Sutton St, London for a single launch party. Free entry & here's the blurb from the record company...

[color=#333333]Case Hardin release new single "Where Angels Fear To Tread" off the critically acclaimed "Every Dirty Mirror" on Clubhouse Records on Monday 8th October - and to celebrate we are throwing a party.[/color]

[color=#333333]The single is backed with previously unreleased gem “Don’t Ever Hold My Hand” and will be available on all major download platforms.[/color]

[color=#333333]The launch party is on Friday 5th October at Clerkenwell’s Slaughtered Lamb and special guests for the show are Clubhouse favourite The Hi and Lo.[/color]

[color=#333333]Check out the Hi and Lo here:

[url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hi-And-Lo/110426722325098?ref=ts"]http://www.facebook....22325098?ref=ts[/url]

What’s more it’s free entry, so please join us for what’s set to be a great night!

Here’s what Pete has to say about the new release….

'Where Angels Fear To Tread' is what naturally happens when you have a song writer who's listening to way too much Conor Oberst and a guitarist listening to way too much Little Feat.. that aside, I come up with one of these lyrics, at some point, for all my records.. a three and a half minute precis of why I am - and will doubtless remain - single.

'Angels' was one of the first songs written for 'Every Dirty Mirror'. The idea for the noise crescendo and acoustic coda was in place from the beginning. The discordant piano was achieved by not letting Mike (Wesson.. piano/ keyboards) hear the track at all. He had just finishing overdubbing his parts for the album, so we set up a fresh recording and I asked him to hit a random series of full chords, no guidance on the key, I just gave him the timing, which we then added into the ending of 'Angels'.. and yes, that is a Stylophone I’m playing in there.

'Don't Ever Hold My Hand' dates back to around 2008. It was written for a girl I met during my time in the Middle East - my vacation on the front- lines. Dina and I never really got it together regards a relationship, hardly a surprise if this is my idea of a love song.[/color]