Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: 1987 Yamaha BB1100S - £350 ** Traded now, Thanks!**

allighatt0r

Up for sale is my Yamaha BB1100S. I bought this off of Forum member Heathy (who was the owner from new) nearly a year ago, and I think it's time to move it on as it's just not getting out of it's case as much as my Washburn.

Details of mods from the factory spec borrowed from Heathy's original sale thread:

[quote]...[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]bought new in 1987. It was gigged regularly over the next few years and underwent the following modifications in the late eighties/early nineties:[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- brass/bone nut[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- OBL pickups[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Schaller bridge[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Hipshot D-tuner[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Pickup selector replaced with pan switch[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]After buying a Kubicki bass in 1992, I had the frets taken out of this one, realised I couldn't play fretless and put it in the loft. Fast forward to the present day. It has now had a new maple fretboard and a general spruce up. It has a few dings – mainly on the base of the body and the end of the headstock – but still looks and sounds great.[/font][/color][/quote]

Since I've had it, I had the pickup selector knob replaced and rewired, as it wasn't working quite as it should but that's all sorted now.

The controls are Volume, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Switch, Pickup Selector Knob, Bass, Mid, Treble.

Included in the sale will be the hard case that came with the bass when I bought it complete with Heathy's eighties/nineties stickers (and a couple of my own additions). I'm sure they could be removed fairly easily if they're not to your taste, but I think they look cool. You can see a picture in the album I've linked to below.

I'm looking for the same price as I paid for it, which is £350. Open to trade offers. I'm reluctant to post this, even with the hard case. Couriers are a nightmare. I'm happy to deliver personally or meet up to exchange (up to 2 hours travelling). I live in Attleborough, Norfolk, but work near Newmarket on weekdays.

There is an album of more pictures at the link here: [url="http://imgur.com/a/8BmK5"]http://imgur.com/a/8BmK5[/url]

Edited by allighatt0r