Why become a member? ×

Markbass ta503 wattage output question

jaybass 70

Hi guys and gals,
just scored a TA503 amp off Gillento from this very here forum, there are two speakon outputs on the back of the amp,
it throws out 300w at 8 ohms and 500w at 4 ohms, I was under the understanding that if you connect one 8 ohm cab you get 300 watts , if you connect another 8 ohm cab to the 2nd speakon output you should get 500watts, however looking at the TA503 owners manual it says '[b]The TA503 delivers 300W of power into an 8 ohm cabinet (or two 8 ohm cabinets), or 500W into a 4 ohm cabinet' [/b] does this mean I have to connect my two cabs in series and connect it to the one speakon output to achieve an impedence of 4 ohms and get the 500w, or have I misunderstood the owners manual.

I am using a GK Neo 112 cab (also bought off this forum, thanks Kennyrodj) and was thinking of getting another matching cab, but these cabs do not have the speakon link socket on the back.
It sounds mega by the way !!
thanks in advance
Jason

[quote name='jaybass 70' timestamp='1349803415' post='1830767']
I am using a GK Neo 112 cab (also bought off this forum, thanks Kennyrodj) and was thinking of getting another matching cab, but these cabs do not have the speakon link socket on the back.
[/quote]

Don't worry if the your cab has jack plug outputs, just get a jack plug to speakon bass cab cable. This guy sells them, I have two from him, and they are excellent quality. [url="http://www.bassic-bits.co.uk/"]http://www.bassic-bits.co.uk/[/url]

edit - if you mean the GK cab has only one speakon don't worry just use the two speakon outputs on your amp to feed the speakers seperately and you will still acheive 4 ohms impedence.

Edited by gjones

I think the '[b]The TA503 delivers 300W of power into an 8 ohm cabinet (or two 8 ohm cabinets), or 500W into a 4 ohm cabinet' [/b]

Should read '[b]The TA503 delivers 300W of power into an 8 ohm cabinet , or 500W into either a 4 ohm cabinet [/b][b]or two 8 ohm cabinets[/b][b]' [/b]

Think the original wording is pretty unclear, it reads like you get 300 watts with either a single, or a pair of 8 ohm cabs.