Why become a member? ×

Moving house clearout, mostly music-related...

[indent]Some of this is already up on the forum in other threads, but as I pack to move into my new flat I keep finding other bits that I can do without (and also, the up-front costs of moving are more than I remember them being ) so all in one place, here's my clearout! Anything that hasn't got pictures will have in the next day or so, and I'm still going to be in south Birmingham for anything that people might want to collect.

First up, [b]Aria electro-acoustic guitar[/b] - bit of a beater, but plays fine, sounds nice and electronics work as they should! Had this as my jam night/BBQ guitar; the pickup didn't work when I got it and I think the undersaddle piezo strip's actually dead, so I glued in an under-saddle 'bug' and wired it to the onboard tone and volume knobs instead. Has it's share of dings and scratches, as you can see, but I reckon well worth [b]£40[/b] of anyone's money as a spare/starter/rehearsal room/van acoustic.

I have a Gator hardcase which I could (would want to!) ship it in if it needs shipping; this has a crack at the head end but it's still structurally sound, £15 to include it.

Also have a [b]Kawai KC20 synthesiser / MIDI controller[/b], a nice-sized 'board for a home studio (only about a metre wide, full-size keys, pitch and mod wheels); this is in really good nick for a 15-year-old bit of kit (plastic still on the LCD screen) and sounds surprisingly good for its age too - string sounds in particular are lush, but everything on there's usable and the MIDI in/out means you can use it as a pretty fully-featured controller as well (no aftertouch, but apart from that...). Only looking for [b]£60 delivered[/b] for this, you'd struggle get a sound-less 61-key controller for that!

A Rode NT1 (not NT1A, one of the original ones; arguably better depending on which review/specs you read, but still an awesome Australia-built large-diaphragm condenser). I've used this for tons of stuff recording-wise, always delivers the goods and I've looked after it as such; in really good condition, complete with box, clamp and softcase. It's always been used with a popshield for vocals, too, so never had any hideousness in direct contact with it (I've nothing against lead vocalists, but, y'know...) [b]£100 delivered[/b].

Also got an AKG C410 headset mic, with the B9 belt-clip power supply. Probably more of interest to singing drummers than anyone else, as it's not wireless, but this is a top-bollocks Britney job with a balanced 1/4" jack output on the beltpack.
More used than the Rode (as I used it a fair few times as a singing drummer ;)); the plastic angle adjustment part on the headset kinda doesn't work, so it's held in place with tape, BUT once you've got it in place it's actually a really good quality mic capsule (same as the C4-- series drum mics) and has a brand-new windshield so you're in no danger of getting drummer-germs.

I'll throw in the 6m balanced 1/4"-XLR (all Neutrik) cable I'd been using with this for [b]£50 delivered[/b], should you wish to hear your drummer's voice in a set you won't get better at that price.

And finally an AKG C418 clip-on drum mic; this one doesn't work 'as is'. I bought it believing that even though some misguided fool had taken off the AKG phantom power adaptor and put on a regular XLR it'd work - it doesn't. I'm led to believe it's a fairly easy thing to rig up, but I haven't got the time to do it - the capsule itself checks out on a multimeter exactly as the 410 in the previous paragraph, but it needs some form of conditioning. Twenty-five quid delivered if you know what you're doing and can nurse it back to life (or if you want it for spares - it's got the case and everything).

Again, more to come...

Edited by Ian Savage

• 3 weeks later...