Why become a member? ×

Dual Musicman pickup idea.

Shockwave

Hey guys.

I had an idea for a Dual musicman pickup set and wanted to run it by you!

Would it be possible to get two Musicman pickups, rout them in so one is closer to the bridge then the other and then wire it so that I can use both coils from the touching edges of either pickup via a mini switch?[attachment=121212:Musicman.png]

Like this? I presume 4 conductor wire would be needed. If anyone can explain how to wire it that would be great as well! Looking for Musicman style wiring. (Parrellel?) and no hum would be nice!

Cheers!

Rob.

[quote name='tommorichards' timestamp='1350390149' post='1838109']
There is a pickup out there with a dual mm pickup all as one piece, but actually has 8 coils, and has a massive array of options. Can't remember its name though
[/quote]

Probably the Enfield pickup.

[url="http://enfieldguitars.com/electronics2010.htm"]http://enfieldguitars.com/electronics2010.htm[/url]

I doubt they sell it seperately.

Yes, you certainly could do that.

The number of combinations would be enormous (someone will be along with a figure any minute now...). I have a MM pickup wired coil1/coil2/series/parallel and the tones are very distinct.

If you definitely don't want series wiring why not try a mini switch for each coil, not necessarily permanently fixed into the instrument, note which combinations are useful then decide on a more permanent way of selecting them? Once you've worked out the ones that work, there are plenty folk here who'd be able to suggest switching options.