Why become a member? ×

Sad realisation

Lozz196

Sorry to hear that Lozz, I know you've already responded to this but really see if you can keep at least one of the basses, I know what you mean about being more practical and it would help funds etc but I am really reluctant to move stuff on if it has sentimental value.

I hope things get sorted out for you, it doesn't seem like luck has been on your side, with your amp going and having to sell the precision you got off me to fund a new amp and now this :(

Things will improve mate and if things seem to get too much just stick on your favourite album and jam along!

Edited by S9_S12_Bass

If weight is a factor and it can be for everyone if the load in is a pig... then I am more concerned
with a light lift rather than load myself up like a pack pony just to do it all in one...
The back doesn't care how you are balanced it cares about the weight it is having to cater for.

For me, it isn't so much about a straight forward lift or say 60lbs... it is about any twists or runs upstairs and through doors.

Yeah, I recognise this, Lozz, and sympathise.

I'm going a slightly different route though: selling all kinds of stuff and all keyboards and studio gear, some kayaks, some art ... er ... lots!

However, my basses are holy, and will not be sold unless I'm physically starving.

I'm already leading a very simple life, and making that life slimmer for every year, so the money I get from selling stuff is partly for buying bass gear, and partly for paying down the house.
At 56, I need to have payed down the house in 11 years, coz my pension after that will be minimal.

The Ashdown combo is going though. My back is not made for it. Lightweight for me, or separates.

Best of luck with keeping or selling the Ps! Sad it's buyer's market now.

best,
bert

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1350577094' post='1840812']
I had to slim down my rig because I moved into a first-floor flat in an 18th century building and I couldn't get a 410 up the narrow stairs on my own. Fair enough if some people find compact neo cabs to be lacking, but if you're going through the PA anyway it doesn't really matter. If you consider your backline as your on-stage monitor then you realise it's actually beneficial not to be swamping the stage with a load of bass.

FWIW my rig is currently a Shuttle head, Schroeder 212 and a pedalboard. I can carry all of those plus a bass and bag of cables from the car in one trip. It's a bit awkward and involves some shuffling, and hopefully no doors, but I can do it!
[/quote]

yep have to agree with you on that point. whats the point if its going thru a PA anyways.
Dave