Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Compact (Silver Grill Cloth) *Sold pending*

Ziphoblat

I'm looking to move on my Barefaced Compact purely because I've decided to opt for a one-cab solution and I'm soon (hopefully) going to need to fork out for the remaining balance on the Barefaced SP12 I'm currently awaiting so unfortunately this one needs to go.

Everyone knows how good these are, so I won't talk too much about that... seriously light, seriously loud and seriously good tone.

It's in absolutely mint condition apart from one thing - one of the rubber feet on the side of the cab has been lost. No big deal, doesn't really affect the cab when you're just using it stood up as usual. I'm assuming it wasn't screwed as tight as the rest and it's just dropped out, I can't imagine how else it could have happened because the cab has been extremely well looked after as the condition (barring this) shows. If this is an issue for you I'm sure Alex would be happy to send you a replacement out, there's absolutely no damage to the wood at all where it's come unscrewed so you shouldn't have any problems. Other than this the cab looks exactly as it did the day I received it; it's only about 7-8 months old and I'm the first owner.

Considering that the price for one of these new is around £530+ when you factor in the nice grill cloth and the neodymium surcharge with the current ~two month wait time, and having had a look at what they seem to be going for I think [size=5][b]£450[/b][/size] is a fairly reasonable price so that's what I'm asking for.

Cheers
Liam

[color=#696969][size=3](click the pictures to enlarge them)[/size][/color]

[url="http://imageshack.us/a/img29/5806/compact1.jpg"][/url] [url="http://imageshack.us/a/img560/9303/compact2.jpg"][/url] [url="http://imageshack.us/a/img826/9113/compact3s.jpg"][/url]

Edited by Ziphoblat

I am so tempted by these. Everybody raves about them. There has been a few up for sale of late.
The ONLY thing stopping me is I can't get my head around the 8 ohms is as good as 4 ohms stuff.
My 600 watt amp would only be pushing around 350 watts out of one.

This one really does look the poodles privates though,good luck with the sale.
Have an "I'm going to be in Leeds today and need to resist temptation " bump.
Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1351061008' post='1846666']
The ONLY thing stopping me is I can't get my head around the 8 ohms is as good as 4 ohms stuff.
My 600 watt amp would only be pushing around 350 watts out of one.
[/quote]

It means that a Compact with 350 watts going through it will be as loud as a lesser cab with the full 600. Ish. Impedance is not a fixed value anyway, despite what most other manufacturers will lead you to believe! These cabs are seriously sensitive, so you get really good "value" for your watts - i.e. they are bloody loud. Oh and when you pick them up they feel like the speaker has been nicked!!

Edited by Conan

Yeah, these things are seriously loud. I suppose it depends on the kind of venues you're playing, but I played outdoors at a club in Pudsey a few months ago using this cab... there's another venue which we play regularly that's just over a mile away from the club, and the next time we were there we were told they could hear us in the distance from where they were... I don't recall my master volume even going past 12 o'clock (I also use a GB Shuttle 6) and I was running this cab by itself, so only getting 350 watts. Admittedly that's with PA support too, but it still seriously kicks it out.

Edited by Ziphoblat

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1351088261' post='1847169']
On the sensitivity front, it's worth noting that Karl's current cab is considerably more sensitive (103db vs 100db).
[/quote]

And it's 1200 watts. 4 ohms, 63lb in weight and TOTAL overkill for the Toad and Sprocket :lol:
And (2 sentences starting with and, naughty me :P ) I've been to Pudsey today.
Bump.

Edited by karlfer

There's one trade I might accept as I've got some GAS and just booked a few well paid gigs through December... I'd quite like a Warwick Corvette. It's got to be a standard one (single coils) and I'd like for it to be fretted, 4 strings, and bubinga. It would be even better if it were one of the 2009+ ones made with the slimmer neck profile. So basically probably a Pro Series Bubinga 4 string fretted Corvette.

Edited by Ziphoblat