Why become a member? ×

Kydd "Carry-on" bass

oldslapper

Hi John, I had one for a while, they are quite nice but the short scale is less forgiving than the longer EUBs - the Fishman was a pain because of the feedback so I had to use a graphic eq as a preamp. The bass itself gives a fairly authentic upright tone when eqd properly and it's nice and light. Mine was an early one and didn't have a truss rod so the neck started to bow but I don't know about this one (I think I know the one you are looking at). I got mine very cheaply as it needed work. It certainly got me into playing the DB but I sold mine on. Hope that helps.

Thanks Ash.
I don't need an EUB, but they look very portable for rehearsal, tight spaces, etc, and could be modded to be strapped like Mr. levin and his NS EUB
I read about the feedback on a forum or two this afternoon, but I use a DHA DI with my DB, so would probably use that too.
Damn GAS...:-)

Cheers,
John

Yes they are extremely light and portable, I'd see if you can get it for less if I were you, let me know if you do get it I'd like to know your thoughts. I would've liked to try mine with those black nylon coated strings but I never had the opportunity.