Why become a member? ×

Behringer. Too good to be true, or not.

Black Coffee

[quote name='VTypeV4' timestamp='1351542411' post='1852459']
As for the lawsuit, I understand there was something similar with Drawmer about the original line of Gates and Compressors..
[/quote]

They were also sued (or at least threatened with legal action) by Boss when they first started doing compact effects pedals; IIRC they changed the colours away from the Bosses which they were 'inspired by' ;)

I've used the mixers and the EP power amps and had no trouble at all. Talking to some of the dealers after sales support is almost non-existent though. Thomann's support might be worth having here. I once played through a behringer 2x10 combo. Sounded awful. I think i'd avoid cheap speakers generally though, too much of the cost of a speaker is down to materials for you to be able to make a cheap one without cutting corners

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1351415605' post='1850859']
Well I don`t know what model it is, but local band I go to see, the bassist has a Behringer amp & 410 - may well be the Ultrabass. He sounds amazing - uses a 77 Jazz through it - and they are a regularly gigging punk-type band, so it gets put through its paces. He told me it bought it, unheard, from Thomann, and has been very pleased with it.

I know some slate Behringer, but I`m yet to use a piece of their kit that I don`t like. For me, I reckon a lot of it may be the old cheap has to equal rubbish syndrome.
[/quote]

i have used a behringer ultra bass at survival rehearsal studios in acton it sounded quite ok a bit of a suprise in fact, but then again the original amp its possibly based on is a fantastic sounding amp, which they did not make!
lets see who can be the first to guess which amp that is.........
this is why i dont like behringer or bugera, they are perhaps imitators rather than innovators a copy is never perhaps as good as the original!!! esp if low cost is your primary motivation

Edited by dan670844

Actually, while I think about it - the Behringer DI boxes are actually quite good for what they are, and their ADA8000 is a more than serviceable bit of recording kit which they actually don't APPEAR to have ripped off from anyone else. There are some diamonds in the poopy, it's just with Behringer you have to look a bit harder for them.

Thanks to everyone for their input here.
Despite this I have decided not to go with Behringer.
I went with Genz Benz and it has been the best decision I have made since selling the whole stable and buying a Dingwall ABII.
Played first gig with it and it is unbelievable how easy it is to be very loud and overbearing with very little on the volume control.
Not sure if it's the amp and cab alone, or because it's teamed with a fantastic bass; but nevertheless - money very well spent.
Certainly not my sleek tickling of the (Ernie) balls. . . . . . . . but it sounds incredible.

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1352054116' post='1858231']
Thanks to everyone for their input here.
Despite this I have decided not to go with Behringer.
I went with Genz Benz and it has been the best decision I have made since selling the whole stable and buying a Dingwall ABII.
Played first gig with it and it is unbelievable how easy it is to be very loud and overbearing with very little on the volume control.
Not sure if it's the amp and cab alone, or because it's teamed with a fantastic bass; but nevertheless - money very well spent.
Certainly not my sleek tickling of the (Ernie) balls. . . . . . . . but it sounds incredible.
[/quote]

Which Genz Benz did you go for in the end?
I have my eyes on a couple of things in the GB stable.

Hi.
I went with the streamliner 600 watt. If my budget had stretched i wud have went for the 900

Nothin to worry about though because with the focus 210 cab setup it was plenty of power on show.
I bought this without a test drive and its incredible, but like i said I am putting £3,000 of bass through it too.
Have no fear buying genz benz. Take the plunge and grin benz.

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1352139059' post='1859262']
Take the plunge and grin benz.
[/quote]

did you get a discount in exchange for this? :lol:

I really must try GB... I like what I have, but I am not "in love", if you know what I mean... and the more I look around, the more it looks like GB would make me smile