Why become a member? ×

Newbie question, what pickups for a jazz bass copy??

blue meenie

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hey guys newbie here:) i wonder if any of you can help me, Ive got a crafter cruiser [url="http://www.tdpri.com/forum/#"][font=inherit][size=1][color=#009900][font=inherit][u]jazz[/u][/font][/color][/size][/font][/url] bass yeah i know'' i wish it was a proper fender ha-ha..but anyway i want to change the stock pups out for something better;)..and i was thinking of either getting the (Fender original jazz bass set) or the (Fender custom shop 60s set) would either of these sets be an improvement over what i have in the bass at the moment, and what would be the better set to go for?? ive heard the 60s set is good:),or are there better options?..im also going to change the pots,cap etc..when i do this) cheers for any info....[/font][/color]

Edited by blue meenie

Welcome to the forum. :)

If it were me, quite honestly I wouldn't throw a lot of money at the Crafter. It seems you're not entirely taken with your bass and would really like something a bit better, so why not use the money you'd put towards the upgrades and save up for another bass? The upgrades you're considering would take you a long way towards something like a Squier VM or CV Jazz.

Having said that, I remember that Out To Play Jazz on here used to rate the Crafter Cruiser basses and bought several for his students. An alternative might be to fit some good but cheaper pickups like Kent Armstrong. I'm sure others will have suggestions for other decent pickups at good prices. :)

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1351498638' post='1851693']
Welcome to the forum. :)

If it were me, quite honestly I wouldn't throw a lot of money at the Crafter. It seems you're not entirely taken with your bass and would really like something a bit better, so why not use the money you'd put towards the upgrades and save up for another bass? The upgrades you're considering would take you a long way towards something like a Squier VM or CV Jazz.

Having said that, I remember that Out To Play Jazz on here used to rate the Crafter Cruiser basses and bought several for his students. An alternative might be to fit some good but cheaper pickups like Kent Armstrong. I'm sure others will have suggestions for other decent pickups at good prices. :)
[/quote] Hey Musky, thank-you for the reply much appreciated:)..the bass is actually really nice ,but the pups could have a bit more oomph ha-ha,but i didn't pay that much for it) ive had it a few years now, and thought i could just upgrade to better pups,and I've allready got the cts pots to put in it that i got given to me so i wont be spending too much... :)

Edited by blue meenie