Why become a member? ×

looking for a good keyboard..

bubinga5

i had a yamaha mo6, but didnt like it very much as it seemed to be orientated around dance music.... im looking for a keyboard that can produce good piano sounds, as well as the classic organ sounds such as rhodes, hammond, moog etc... i guess im a little clueless when it comes to keyboards so im open to suggestions and what to look out for...

im also looking at the second hand market... a friend of mine has a Nord C2 and that sounded fantastic, but i know those are very expensive....

my criteria..

want to record via MAC/usb
full sized keys
5 octave
lots of different organ sounds
thanks...

I bought a Kurzweil PC361 because it ticked all the boxes for me - it was less expensive than the competition, had a better keybed, had excellent piano, strings, organ sounds and virtual analogue synthesis (additive and subtractive). If I recall, brand new it cost me just over £1000 so you'll probably be able to pick up a second hand one for around half that. The only thing you had on your list that it doesn't do is to be able to record it direct from USB, although it does have a USB connector for MIDI and data interchange (firmware updates, patch management, etc) and an SPDIF for digital out which should connect directly to your computer's audio interface (it also has balanced and unbalanced analogue outs).

Edited by darkandrew