Why become a member? ×

Hi, new here :D

Razgriz

Thought i'd just pop in and say hi im Alan to everyone and this being my first post and all its probably the best time to do it :)

I found this webiste through a work mate who i was speaking to about gear and played with us on Friday night in Falkirk which was a nice wee gig i might say :P and i found out bout this site and decided to join up since i thought it would be a good idea since it seems to have a lot going on for us bassists eeh.

Well anyway here a wee bit bout me im 21, play in a wee band called Six Feet Closer To Home and only been playing with them for just shy of 2 months we play mostly deathcore but honestly nowadays we kinda never ever settle on a genre despite what the songs on FB show those are totally different to whats been written the past 3 months as we tend to have more melodic riffs now partially inspired by me.

My music tastes pretty varied aswell i do love a lot of metal but i always have a soft spot for Hardcore and punk im pretty open minded about music aswell although i do dislike hardstyle and the likes i will say that :P

Anyway i'll hopefully be posting a lot in and around, but knowing me and my GAS i'll probably lurk around the boards where people are selling gear hahah.

Hey Alan,

Welcome to BC. What a nice introduction. I can smell your GAS through those lines. Love the Terror Bass fund and the LOL ar Laney. Surprising how those Laneys do anything from grindcore to deathcore, hardcore, punk and all the way to practising folk music at home! ;)

"Six Feet Closer to Home" is brill!

Enjoy, and post here when you're six feet further away from home.

best,
bert

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1352132965' post='1859151']
Welcome to BC,

You've come to the right place with your gas syndrome.......or the wrong place. This place is huge, and a great help.

Cheers Leen
[/quote]
haha probably the wrong place man, im always near enough buying gear and then talk myself out it at the last minute which is probably a good thing :P and what makes it worse is i get paid weekly :(

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1352141700' post='1859309']
Hey Alan,

Welcome to BC. What a nice introduction. I can smell your GAS through those lines. Love the Terror Bass fund and the LOL ar Laney. Surprising how those Laneys do anything from grindcore to deathcore, hardcore, punk and all the way to practising folk music at home! ;)

"Six Feet Closer to Home" is brill!

Enjoy, and post here when you're six feet further away from home.

best,
bert
[/quote]
cheers man and yeah the laney's a little beast i've had it for near enough 3-4 years and its served me well but now i just want a bigger rig playing in a band, and honestly i've never fell in love with an amp then i came across the terror when i was playing in Falkirk on Friday night and everything changed :P Im thinking of throwing a laney nexus 4x10 underneath the terror but i'd really need to get my hands on one before i commit to saving for one aswell, but i seen a couple bands use RB9's live but they just arenet my cup of tea :P