Why become a member? ×

EA iamp500 "white face" * SOLD PENDING *

Clarky

Bought a few weeks ago on the forum, one of the rare Euphonic Audio "white face" iamp500s that were briefly made for EA by Ashdown in the 1990s. Its in very good condition (just missing one adhesive rubber foot which I'm sure is easy to replace for pennies) and in perfect working condition. I bought it due to its excellent reputation as a 'doubling' amp (for DB and electric) but its basically over-specced for me in the EQ department and a bit big for a wuss who has grown used to micro amps!

Looking for £270 posted, which is what I paid

Here is the previous sale thread with a link to photos - it looks identical as it hasn't left my house since I took ownership [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/189421-sold-pending/page__hl__iamp__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

Edited by Clarky

What are the dimensions cf. my EAiAmp500 (black) which is 366mm(w)x228(d)x88(h) but doesn't have the fans (noisy..?) or the very handy sabine tuner (which I do have on the EAiAmp200C). I really like this gear (I have the CXL112 and VL208 which work great with the 500). Intrigued by this model, which seems to have been UK (Ashdown?) made rather than USA (?)

A couple of BCers have already expressed a potential interest here chaps and I'm waiting to hear back. But for the record, its 40cm wide by 34cm deep by 9cm high and I am guessing it weighs just under 20 pounds (similar to the iamp800).

In terms of provenance for "the white face" or UK-iamp500s, Ashdown made a run of 100 of these amps for EA around 1995 I believe but it turned out Ashdown were not making money on the deal, hence that was the lot - meaning these are pretty rare beasts. As for the fans they are very unobtrusive, unlike say a Mesa Walkabout which sounds like a wind tunnel when played at home volumes!