Why become a member? ×

Warning, Aurora Project Scratchplates

karlfer

I have found out through Faecesbook that apparently the guy running this has jacked and the bike shop next door is taking over the shop.
I sent my 17 year old Yam scratchplate to him 3 weeks ago, and have been trying to phone him for the last 3 days. The website is still running, although now the contact section isn't working. It was at the time.
I will get the Mrs to find out today if my cheque has been cashed. If it has, I will be taking legal action for fraud.
If it hasn't and I receive no reply by the 15th through the other company he seems to have had, I will be taking legal action to recover my scratchplate and all costs.
I rarely swear, but this behaviour has left me severely pissed of. I have not been able to use my main gigging bass for 3 weeks and won't be able to until I can get my plate back.
I had a problem with my last plate from them in June, but they sorted it out well enough in the end. I should have taken the hint.
If I don't get it back I don't know what I can do, as the plate holds the rotaries in place :angry: .

Thanks Gary. The wife has just rang me to tell me the cheque hasn't been cashed, which is something.
The biggest blow is I can't use my bass until I figure out how to get a scratchplate, made from, rem, nothing really.
Will try Yamaha UK, but it's a bit of an unfair ask on them.
Cheers,
Karl.

If you can draw up a template on fairly thick paper/light card JayDee will make one for you, obviously without your original you'd have to make as close a trace as you can from memory/pics/ screw holes?
Cost wasn't unreasonable & fairly quick turnaround. He had some vintage celluloid (IRRC ???) which he made an SG plate for me with once.

There's also someone on BC who does them who may see this & chime in.

Thanks Big Stu. Looks like I'm going to have to try something like that. No response from the guy at his other business address either. My main gigging bass (you know, the one that fits your hand as soon as you pick it up) has been out of action for 3 weeks, God knows how much longer with my cacl handed tracing/cutting attempts.
I could crush a bloody grape :angry: