Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 300 DI

malct

Hi firstly I hope I have posted this in the right place. I have an ABM 300 combo with a 15" JBL K140 in place. I played a gig last night and during setup time the desk reported to me that the DI signal was extremely high ended and very thin. This resulted in the using a mic instead of hard wiring. I don't know if I have a problem here or whether there was misplaced wiring ie they had the DI going in at line level as opposed to MIC level which if I understand it correctly is how the amp should be connected to the desk. Has anybody else experienced this problem and what were the conclusions. Any related comments would be much appreciated. Cheers.

It shouldn't be like that, assuming:
1. It wasn't post-EQ with inappropriate/unusual tone settings on the ABM (this would have been audible anyway)
2. The mixing desk channel EQ was set correctly.

My ABM500 has an extremely clean and full sounding DI (well, depending on my chosen settings of course).

Geoff

PS You might want to post this in the Amps & Cabinets section of the Gear forum on here.

Edited by RandomBass