Why become a member? ×

just a price check

Tait

basically this isnt getting played much, but i dont really want to sell it either. just thought i'd see how much it'd go for if i did sell it. its a squier black and chrome precision, and i've put seymour duncan quarter pounders and a BADASS on. its also got a mexican fender neck, but i probably wouldnt sell that if i did sell the bass anyway.

so how much would it sell for? and would the mexican neck make much difference to the price it'd sell for (the squier neck being jazz width and saying squier, the fender neck being precision width and saying fender. the squier neck has also got a painted headstock)?

[attachment=8574:bass.JPG]
[attachment=8575:DSC02059a.JPG]

(the pics were taken before i put the seymour duncans in)

heres a link to the squier site with specs:

[url="http://squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0321503506"]squier black and chrome[/url]

im taking it to the nottingham bash tommorow if anyone wants to play it or have a look at it

Edited by lwtait

Guest MoJo

Unfortunately, the mods make little, if any difference to the guitars resale value. The Squier Black & Chrome was on my wish list until I got my VMJ and this one [url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Squier-P-Bass-Special-Black-and-Chrome-(Special-Edition)~ID~7720.asp"]Black & Chrome[/url] is still bookmarked. £199 new means you're not going to see more than £140-£150 used if the bass is in A1 condition. Putting the Fender neck on makes no difference to the fact that it's still a Squier. It might make it more tempting to someone who doesn't like jazz width necks.

If you wanted to sell it, I'd suggest putting it all back to standard spec (assuming you've still got the parts) then sell the neck, the Badass and the Quarter Pound pups separately. That way you'll realise the maximum return.

Mark