Why become a member? ×

Registry of guitar tutors

paul_5

I know there was a bit of an argument on a local forum in NI that you shouldn't send your kid to a guitar (or any instrument) tutor without the tutor having a clearance to work with children, like teachers and doctors have. Personally, i agree. You don't know what kind of sick bastard you are sending your kid to, but also, can you be that cynical? I know that the place i go to, all the teachers have their access NI clearance checks done, but then all the teachers there are incredibly nice people. I have been talking to them at gigs and all sorts, and i can't imagine any of them (apart from one) who would get drunk, do drugs, or even get into a minor scuffle outside a pub on a saturday night.

Does the registry have anything to do with filtering out opportunistic pedophiles, is my question?

[quote name='pietruszka' timestamp='1353537855' post='1875927']
Tony Skinner used to work with my dad in London and has always been extremely thorough, I would imagine they'd all be CRB checked. Especially given how widespread the RGT is.
[/quote]
As far as I'm aware you don't have to be CRB checked to be join the RGT,but by joining you can get a
discount on the check.