Why become a member? ×

Could use a hand re finding a walnut jazz body. Long story!!

gafbass02

For years I've harboured a desire to own a walnut jazz, I could never afford a Japanese one or original 70's one. So some years ago I decided it would a build job (well, assemble!) which would allow me to kill that particular 'build my own bass' bird with the same stone and let me tinker and upgrade it as time went by.
In my minds eye it's to end up with brass/gold hardware, block maple neck a brass or clear pickguard ( so it can go without too) active electronics and not look too cheapo walnut like the squiers walnut finish.

Three years ago about this time by sheer luck, right before christmas i found a japanese walnut jazz body going on ebay, my wife and folks agreeed and it was ordered as my pressie :-)
Other family chipped in for hardware etc.
Very very exciting!! The 70's/80's style walnut brass jazz bass was ON!!

However. Those on here with long memories, will know what happens next. :-(
I can't/won't go into details in public for professional reasons. But long story short, just a few weeks before our new daughters first Christmas something horrendous happened. Something so horrendous I lost my home, wife, kids, job, the lot overnight.

By the time the body and hardware arrived I'd already had to sell it on here. I never even opened it. I was working in a warehouse of a job I'd left behind years earlier and was living on friends sofas.
I needed every penny. Horrible, horrible times. I had some amazing messages of support from BC members.

Time healed, the person responsible was eventually found out and while not exactly 'hung out to dry' they were exposed as a liar and my name exonerated. I got my life and family back.
Sadly too late for my job, reputation and child's first Christmas.
And the jazz bass.
Since then I've had to work for less money, so I've no chance of getting as good as before. But with this Christmas approaching and the fact that my phone desktop is still a picture of the dream walnut jazz has me thinking. I was going to ask for a used ipad. But the bass idea won't go away.

So....How the snot can I get my hands on a nice walnut jazz body without horrible routes at a price I could ask for as a combined Christmas present from my family?
As a starting point to begin again.
Any ideas? I can't seem to find much out there that's just nice walnut
Kinda like this
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/F6AA8C6E-E096-4654-98A0-F14CC57FE3BC-19630-000015755F889D4E.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone got any ideas? I'd love to start this project again :)

Any uk places that do such a thing??

Strangely for the last few years I've been planning the same sort of thing but with a P bass.
Still hasn't happened though.

One of the american sites (will search it out for you if you want it) does jazz and p bass bodies and one of the options is Walnut. I've thought about ordering from them but as yet haven't.

Don't know of anyone doing them over here. Unless you buy one of the unfinished bodies and stain/oil it yourself.

Keep us posted if you do get it started.

Finally, pleased for you that things are back on track, that must have all been totally hideous.

Cheers dude replied, that's the more plain stained Squier I'm hoping to avoid u til I'm out of options. There's one complete one with stunning figuring in the us would make a great starting point, but they won't ship. :-/
Your kindness in looking is awesome! :)

Edited by gafbass02