Why become a member? ×

Horn

Jazzeren

Hi guys
Well, this is maybe a bit weird thread, but I really need some ecperiences/advices.
I just bought the GK MBE 212 lightweight cab. ( for small/medium gigs). I got it with parcelservice from thomann, Germany. The problem is, when the horn is on it buzzes and is very noisy. is this normal? BUT...without horn it sounds good, and there is no problem. My question is: Do you guys use the horn a lot? Never thought about it ( maybe because my old Mesa Boogie 400+ cabs, did'nt have a switch - they were just ON). If i send it back to Thomann it will probably tske weeks to get fixed - and I can't wait that long.
What are your experiences?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1354297030' post='1884633']
I think other people have had this issue with this cab
[/quote]If it has higher sensitivity than another tweeter it will be more revealing of amp noise. You can compensate for that with the LPad, assuming it has one. Or is that something else that G-K left out? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1354303602' post='1884711']
If it has higher sensitivity than another tweeter it will be more revealing of amp noise. You can compensate for that with the LPad, assuming it has one. Or is that something else that G-K left out? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I'm familiar with the ebs hiss which people complain about which is just as you say because they are super sensitive but can be dialed back, in this case I presume it's not going to be the overly high quality tweeter causing the issue in that way?

I have the same cab running from an Ashdown ABM500. Just got it today. I didn't find the horn buzzed or anything, but at the same time I'm keeping it off anyway 'cause I don't think it adds anything that beneficial to the tone, and I've heard that using distortion tends to ruin them (I'm using the amp/cab to run my guitar in stereo as well as using it for bass).

I had a buzz or rattle whatever from the one I got from Thomann four weeks ago. I sent it back and had a replacement the following week.
It wasn't an amp issue, I think it was something inside the cab. It was the same with or without the tweeter. The replacement one is fine btw.
Send it back and get a replacement Bud.
B)

Edited by kennyrodg