Why become a member? ×

CIJ 1998 JB - 62 Jazz Bass in sunburst Withdrawn for the time being

King Tut

It's with great reluctance that I offer this bass for sale, but I have a surfeit of Jazz Basses and need the room.

1998 Crafted in Japan Jazz Bass

Basswood Body

EMG Active Pickups

Upgraded spiral saddle bridge

Mirror scratchplate

She's seen quite a bit of playing and has a few knocks and scrapes commensurate with it's use, the worst of which are shown in the pictures.

A tastefully applied butterfly sticker covers two screw holes drilled by the previous owner to hold a ground wire in place :unsure:

As can be seen, there's been a bit of butchery under the hood with various screw holes drilled for different scratch plates, and some wood taken from the side of the control cavity. None of this is visible with the scratchplate fitted.

It currently has a mirrored scratchplate fitted. This isn't the best fit with the control plate, but if necessary I can supply the bass instead with the original black scratchplate.

The neck is absolutely beautiful with gorgeous grain pattern on the headstock radiating from the 'D' string machine head. Machine heads are of the 'lightweight' type and work perfectly. The neck is true with a fully functioning truss rod. There is a little wear on the frets (pictured) but this doesn't affect playability and can't be felt when bending strings. There is a patch of discolouration on the back of the neck - pictured.

I haven't the facilities to weigh the bass but I'd describe it as medium weight - no featherweight, but neither is it a boat anchor.

It's running an action of a smidge over 2mm at the 12th fret. There are no noticeable dead spots.

This is a tasty sounding players bass and I'm offering it for sale at £[s]450[/s] £380 collected from Leighton Buzzard or Milton Keynes, or £[s]470[/s] 400 delivered in person to any mainline railway station between London Euston and Birmingham New St.

It doesn't come with a case.

May be interested in trades for a lightweight head.

Would prefer not to post at the moment but will consider posting if it doesn't sell quickly.

Her name is 'Veronica'!

Edited by King Tut

[font=HelveticaNeue][size=4][color=#1a1a1a][color=#1a1a1a][font=HelveticaNeue][size=4][/size][/font][/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue][size=4][color=#1a1a1a][color=#1a1a1a][font=HelveticaNeue][size=4][/size][/font][/color][/color][/size][/font]

Edited by King Tut