Why become a member? ×

Peavey pleasure

Phil Starr

Just restored an old Peavey 1x15 cab with an old Black Widow driver I had in the loft. Well you have to try it out don't you? What a blast, no top to speak of and a bass best described as 'warm' It just sounded great with the P pup's and some nice bright strings. Pure bass honey. So wrong but so right.

[quote name='Adrenochrome' timestamp='1354789534' post='1890318']
For the first time in about 15 years, I have no Peavey kit in my backline. I've still got a couple of Peavey basses though.
I used a black widow 1x15 for eleventy-three years including ~1000 gigs and rehearsals. Best value for money kit ever based on long term usage?
[/quote]

Definately.I've used my Mk.6 stack for well over 20 years.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1354790228' post='1890329']
Peavey stuff is all great. I put my Markbass F1 through one of their TVX 410 cabs and it was one of the best live sounds I ever had too!
[/quote]

Same as, but for me it was a Gallien Krueger MB500 - instant Duff McKagan. Just a shame Peavey gear weighs so much, but then that`s probably what gives it it`s hardiness.

It was just the drive unit in the loft, a spare I picked up when I was using a MarkIV with a 2x15. I picked up an empty cab on fleabay and put the two together.

I need to clear out, I can't afford to fall in love with this thing. The empty cab is heavier than my current 1x15. Oh, it sounds nice though, It would just sit in the mix so well.