Why become a member? ×

The New Autumn/Winter Collection chez Rock

Roland Rock

[list]
[*]1978 Fender Precision, Capri Orange (refin) sporting Rotosound Trubass strings. Ash/maple obviously. It has all the ‘idiosyncrasies’ of a late-70s Fender bass; it weighs a metric tonne, and you can stash your phone in the neck pocket gap. I love it. It plays beautifully, sounds great and looks groovy
[*]Wood & Tronics Ergon 5. Chambered mahogany body, three-piece maple neck and kingwood board. Mahogany headstock facia and trussrod cover. Ebony pickup covers, scratchplate and eq knobs. Brass nut. Häussel jazzbucker & jazz single coil pickups. East S2 preamp. Controls are volume/pickup pan, humbucker/single coil switch, bass and treble (with internal frequency dials). Sporting EB Cobalt strings. This is my main player as I’m using the B string a lot at the moment. It oozes quality and has a rich and even timbre across all five strings.
[/list]
With both of these basses, I have everything covered. The Precision is the comfy old jumper to the Ergon’s sharp tailored suit, the fruity merlot to the Ergon’s complex pinot noir.[list]
[*]Red Iron amp (with some modifications done by John Chambers of Champ Electronics). 100w all valve. 2 x 6SL7s (Tung Sol) in the pre and 2 x KT88s (JJ) in the power. Self-made case. Controls are gain, bass, mid, treble and master on the front, and a line out, 4/8/16 Ohm selector and speaker out on the back. I’m really attached to this amp – it’s got a couple of odd points (too hot DI, eq l-r is bass, treble, mid!)) but all is forgiven as soon as I start playing through it. It’s heavy, but still an easy one-hand lift.
[*]Barefaced '69er. This is the first one. I only got this today, so haven't even plugged it in yet! I'll report back with feedback after I've gigged it a few times. The info on this cab is [url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/69er.htm"]here[/url]. All I have to add at the moment is that it is light (25kg) and looks great.
[/list] Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1354885666' post='1891601']
Head looks awesome, any close ups of it?

Truckstop
[/quote]

Cheers TS, Here's one of the front

Here's some pics of the amp with the P before the facelift, and the cab that the '69er replaced:

[quote name='LawrenceH' timestamp='1354888914' post='1891658']
Looks really interesting, is it actually a sealed design?
[/quote]
Yes, a sealed cab. I used to play a Sound City amp through a sealed HH 4x12 and loved it - it will be interesting how this compares.

Edited by Roland Rock