Why become a member? ×

Stage left or tage right. Who cares ?

BILL POSTERS

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1355182700' post='1895253']

As long as our M&Ms backstage are the right colour and I've not had to waste time folding small sandwiches at the tour manager I'm easy ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1355183737' post='1895264']
You won't go onstage unless you have 10,000 brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass? :lol:
[/quote]

Funnily enough, I read an interview with one of the bands who were famous for their "10,000 brown m & m" requests (I think it was Van Halen). They said that the reason for it was simple---their requirements for things like power supply, lighting equipment, etc, were pretty complicated and very particular. If they turned up and the M&Ms hadn't been done then they could be sure the rest of their requirements wouldn't have been met correctly either!

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1358185168' post='1934488']
They said that the reason for it was simple---their requirements for things like power supply, lighting equipment, etc, were pretty complicated and very particular. If they turned up and the M&Ms hadn't been done then they could be sure the rest of their requirements wouldn't have been met correctly either!
[/quote]
Yes,because obviously the time it takes to sort out the important requirements is going to be well spent sorting
out brown M&M's. :rolleyes:

Just a thought, If you have a rider for something stupid, that could easily be either mis interfreted or taken as a joke. Would that give you a good get out if there are other problems ?

Breach of contract goes both ways. If the stage isnt big enough, the powers supplies are not right, fine theres an issue. But what if the artist has some other reason to not like something about the venue, or the promoter finds some other excuse to say they are in breach ? Could. for example, the absence of the M&Ms or there only being 9,986 of them provide mitigation ? Just wondering if there might be a real reason behind strange riders, and not just artistes being arseholes.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1358185168' post='1934488']
Funnily enough, I read an interview with one of the bands who were famous for their "10,000 brown m & m" requests (I think it was Van Halen). They said that the reason for it was simple---their requirements for things like power supply, lighting equipment, etc, were pretty complicated and very particular. If they turned up and the M&Ms hadn't been done then they could be sure the rest of their requirements wouldn't have been met correctly either!
[/quote]

Yeah, I think that was in a Dave Lee Roth interview. I don't think it was quite that many m&ms but there was a certain logic to it.