Why become a member? ×

Comfortable, durable strap?

TRBboy

......again, I know, I know!

I really want a new strap, but it has to be VERY comfortable and durable. I don't like anything that drags on your clothes (suede and so on), and having previously owned a Neotech strap I don't think I want anything too stretchy either.

Mono GS1? Quality padded leather strap? Any other suggestions?!

Thanks for your help!

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1355267271' post='1896265']
Lots of love for Mono GS1 straps here! Only strap i use.

Someone had one up on the classifieds the other day - if you can find it that is :)
[/quote]

I'll have to have a look......

Is the metal hoop between the strap and the leather tab nice and strong? I'm sure I read something about them breaking, but it may have been the Comfort Strapp.

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1355268465' post='1896290']
The metal bit is fine - it was the Comfort Strapps that had the issues i believe.
[/quote]

It was the Bass Centre version that had problems. I use the Comfort Strapp all the time.

I use a bog standard Fender 2" leather one that's atleast 5 or 6 years old, i'll see if there's any specifics on it when i get home. I find it really comfy with pretty much all of my basses, and it DEFINATELY doesn't stick to clothes (This confirmed by throwing a p bass around my neck in true rockstar fashion when bored one evening)

Liam

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1355268738' post='1896298']
It was the Bass Centre version that had problems. I use the Comfort Strapp all the time.
[/quote]

Me too I have had a couple of these for a few years now. Highly recommended. I bought my second one on here for very little

Thanks for all your opinions guys, but I've gone off-piste a little. Father Christmas will hopefully be leaving a Minotaur bass strap under the tree! (Thanks for the tip- off Discreet!)

http://minotaur.gr/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=52

I bought a Brooklyn Gear neoprene strap from Stringbusters about 9 years ago and its done 100s of gigs. Very comfortable and hopefully will last a lot longer -you can get them [url="http://www.stringbusters.com/Ko-Bespoke/productlist.asp?cat=1/STRAPS/STRAPS+BROOKLYN+GEAR"]here[/url] for £22

Edited by Delberthot