Why become a member? ×

Any idea of value of my bass?

Angel

Hmmmn, thinking long and hard about selling what has been my main bass for some years, but I'm not really sure of value. They don't turn up much and I can't seem to find any documentation relating to what I paid for it. It is a [b]Fender custom shop Reggie Hamilton 5 string[/b] and is (mostly) in very good nick.

Do the bass gallery still do commission sales?

It is an awesome bass, but after many years of thinking I was a 5 string player, I finally bought a really good 4 and it feels so much like home it's unbelievable. Literally haven't touched the Fender in months.

That is a very tasty bass . They have got the sunburst one ( which would probably be slightly more expensive than the black one ) on Thomann for £2079 , but if it was my bass I would be looking to get not too far from that retail price by virtue of the fact that it is a relatively rare and very desirable model , and this would be a chance for someone to get their hands on a bass that could well become sought after and collectable in future . Putting it somewhere like The Gallery would probably be be a good idea- it's the kind of exotica that people go there looking for . On Basschat I would be looking to get over £1500 myself , or I would keep it . Fenders sell , they never go out of fashion and they have never been more fashionable than now . Add the fact that this is Custom Shop , and a very useful model suitable for just about any musical situation and I would say that this is a bass you should look to get a very respectabe price for or else keep it until someone offers you what you want for it . Sooner or later they will .

Thanks for that! I looked at Thomann quite a long time ago and they didn't have any, so I assumed that they were unavailable now. Mine is sunburst. As per your advice, I am in no rush to get rid of it, I do feel attached to it and part of me worries about regretting it, but if I'm honest with myself I can't see me getting back into 5 strings.

The Reggie 5 is still in production according to the Fender CS website , so it's still a current model I would presume . USA Fender basses , especially Custom Shop ones , are just about the best "investment " basses you can get in terms of long-term resale value , and if you aren't desperate for the money I would make selling a low-priority side project . Advertise it at a price that reflects it's rarity and desirability , and if no one meets your asking price you have lost nothing and still have an asset that is more likeley to appreciate than depreciate .