Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-02 demo video

hamfist

And here's another of my "pyjama" videos for your entertainment. This time of my Lakland 55-02.
The bass probably would have benefitted from a new set of strings but still didn't sound too bad.
Again, no slap, no fancy playing. Just straightforward fingerstyle tones. I think I possibly did a bit too much on the pickups blended 50:50. which are not the better tones that the bass gives, but there's still plenty on the other tones also.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0PTxf8J-G8&list=UUsH6JDP7wk_TgiMITLvmPQA&index=1[/media]

For me , it's a great track but is forever tainted by this I'm afraid :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4NPn2z7x8

Football records - why do they do it ?

Great sounding bass though , although the limitations of the audio on the vid dosen't t do the bottom end justice and it sounds a bit light and bright as a result . Might be better with headphiones on - I know when I record my bass onto my p.c the bottom end doesn't come out on the speakers half as well as it does on the cans . Are they the LH3 pickups ? Certainly sounds like it .

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1355772318' post='1902598']
. Are they the LH3 pickups ? Certainly sounds like it .
[/quote]

Yes they are the LH3's. There's certainly no lack of bottom end on these pickups in use with my proper rig. I have to tame the lows in fact.

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1355773130' post='1902609']
Yes they are the LH3's. There's certainly no lack of bottom end on these pickups in use with my proper rig. I have to tame the lows in fact.
[/quote]

I am sure that is the case - I have never played any Lakland that lacked low end . I used to have a bass with LH3s on and they are fantastic sounding pickups , especially with that preamp .

Edited by Dingus