Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Blazer. >Withdrawn< Too good to sell.

solo4652

Folks,

Here's my MIJ 1982 Ibanez Blazer in Candy Apple Red for sale. As far as I can tell it's all original, with the heart-shaped tuners, mahogany body, brass bridge, knobs, maple neck and fingerboard.

There are a few dings round the bottom edge and one has pierced the paintwork, but it's very shallow and only about 1 X 1 cm. There is some discolouration on the edge of the fretboard, but you can't feel anything. I'm quite fussy about dings on the rear of the neck and this bass has an almost perfectly smooth neck following a light wet-and-dry and a little teak oil. Some buckle-rash on the back, but not through the paint. There is some minor lacquer wear under the E string at fret 3, and under the A string at frets 3 and 5 but the fingerboard itself seems untouched. Despite these scuffs and dings, this is not a beat-up bass that is creaking at the joints. Bit of expected mojo? - Yes. "Road-worn"? - No.

All electrics are perfectly quiet and the truss-rod has plenty of play in both directions.The tone is a little more middy than my '62 reissue Precision. I had it thoroughly checked, cleaned and setup by my local instrument tech. last month so it's completely good to go.

Comes with a very thick Rockbass gigbag. W

[b]Withdrawn from sale - I'm keeping it. For the time being...[/b]

By all means come and try it any time. I'm in Stockport.

Any questions - just fire away.

Steve

Edit - Just realised the pickup screws are not the originals - just so you know.

Edited by solo4652

Steve, you're killing me!!

These are awesome basses! I've used mine nonstop since I bought it nearly two years ago and couldn't be happier.

A great growly tone that sustains forever and an ultra responsive tone knob; you can get some real clank with Blazers!

If I had the money I'd be after this like a shot.

Good luck with the sale!

Alex

Hi Alex,

Well, if anybody knows about Blazers - it's you! You describe the tone very well. Overall, it's not as dark and thumpy as my Precision and there have been occasions when, due to the gig room, the P was sounding too thick and boomy. The Blazer saved the day with its brighter tone.

Are you cruising at the moment?

Steve

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1356092100' post='1906670']
first bass I owned was a Blazer. Nice and light, plenty of bottom end, lovely neck. Should have keep it really, but in my naive youth a Fender P was where it was at, so it was p/x'd.
[/quote]

Mine's not the lightest bass in the world since it has a mahogany body. For the money, I wasn't going to get anything anywhere near as good, so it's staying here. For now...