Why become a member? ×

Class D power Amp for my Tonehammer Outboard pre

Guest BassKS

Or buy any DClass head that has an effects loop, then run the TH straight in to the return. Any of the BC favourites will be fine, GK MB heads, MarkBass, Genz Benz, TC Electronic. But you may find as mentioned already, just getting the TH head instead will be less of a faff!

Thanks both. Might just go for the Th500. Will be going to the States with work and do that then.
Thing is As much as I like my LMII head, I always have the AGS drive on which makes poor Markbass a bit redundant.

The TH500 is a great head. I really can't begin to explain why but, to my ears, it sounds nicer than a TH pedal through another amp (with the onboard pre bypassed).

Mind you, I've only ever done this once so maybe with a different power amp it may have sounded better.

Might need to watch out in warranty issues if you buy in US and anything goes wrong over her. Aggie customer service guys are great though :)

Cheers Molan.
I have been bitten by the bloody aggie bug for some time now.
DO you use much of the AGS shizzle? How does that compare to the AG500? The latter packs some serious grit.

I have an AG500 as well (the single channel one).

The AG is much cleaner, maybe a bit more muscular and with lots of punch. That's not to say that the TH doesn't do clean, it's just a bit warmer.

I work (for fun!) at BassGear about 1 day a week and they have both TH and AG heads in plus a few different cabs.

If you're not far away you could pop over some time and try them out back to back :)