Why become a member? ×

Mad Friday

Bassmonkey

About to embark on what promises to be a bonkers night. Playing on Mad Friday in Leeds. Facebook and twitter is full of people already out boozing - hopefully will be great (as will tomorrows too) but who knows? ......... expecting lots of "can I have a go on your guitar mate?" , "my mates in a band can he sing one?" last wek had a guy come up when we were 30 mins in to packing up and say "mate - I'm dying of cancer, can you play Christmas baby please come home?" Blimey. Ah well.....bring it on.....

We played our gig at The Claude, Cardiff last night. A place that we play regularly and usually the punters are quite well behaved in there. But, due to it being Black Friday (or Mad Friday) most of the pub were already wasted when we got there at 6.30pm. That set the tone tone for the rest of the evening. Two massive fights broke out whilst we were playing. One at the back of the pub which no-one really noticed, but a huge fight broke out by the entrance (which is close to the stage) between 4 of the door men and a bunch of lads trying to force their way through. No thanks to my singer, he directed everyones attention in the pub to the mini riot happening and piled out as quickly possible to have a gander....which then developed into a street brawl outside for about 20mins.

We have a gig on Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day...all at rugby clubs!! Should be interesting to see how much more claret will be spilt over those three evenings!

Ours was ok after all. A lot of v pissed people several of whom left early having had full days on the lash. Main difference was that there were lots of dancers as soon as we went on. Some interesting moves being busted too! God bless beer. Now trying to gee myself up to go do it again tonight.......

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1356185583' post='1907742']
We played our gig at The Claude, Cardiff last night. A place that we play regularly and usually the punters are quite well behaved in there. But, due to it being Black Friday (or Mad Friday) most of the pub were already wasted when we got there at 6.30pm. That set the tone tone for the rest of the evening. Two massive fights broke out whilst we were playing. One at the back of the pub which no-one really noticed, but a huge fight broke out by the entrance (which is close to the stage) between 4 of the door men and a bunch of lads trying to force their way through. No thanks to my singer, he directed everyones attention in the pub to the mini riot happening and piled out as quickly possible to have a gander....which then developed into a street brawl outside for about 20mins.

We have a gig on Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day...all at rugby clubs!! Should be interesting to see how much more claret will be spilt over those three evenings!
[/quote]
I live over the road from The Claude and at least once a week there's a police van outside!