Why become a member? ×

melvin davis, lee ritenour larry carlton...

bubinga5

im posting this as i love both these guitarists, there playing is wonderful and usually i love melvins bass playing, but i really dont like his slap playing on this.. its the sort of slap i hate where its all percussive, and he really doesnt let the notes or the song/solo breath... just wondered what you guys thought... not very musical imo... i wanted him to be so good on this, but the endless rythmic slap pop just bores me... its a shame because his fingerstyle is amazing... i guess its just a bass slap interlude but it really doesnt have to be like that... imo.....[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAsWqdc0S38[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

It sounds pretty good. It's not like he has been shredding away for the whole song, he gets a little bass break/solo and so does something cool for a bit. When he starts repeating that pattern over and over and the audience loses the beat it becomes a little bit tiresome but they quickly pick up the new beat and it sounds good. He has some nice ideas there.