Why become a member? ×

when is a 80s mij squier not a JV?

clashcityrocker

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1356976481' post='1915980']
Is this biggest bargain ever.?
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980s-JAPAN-OLYMPIC-WHITE-FENDER-SQUIRE-JAZZ-BASS-MIJ-WITH-TWEED-CASE-PRECISION-/160947080552?pt=Guitar&hash=item2579318d68"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2579318d68[/url]
[/quote]
Err? Your link goes to an ebay page of 150 Squier Jazz Basses? Any one in particular?

Now it doesn't!! Probably me or my steam powered PC :unsure: do you mean the white one?

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1356977087' post='1916002']
Do all the JV's have "Fender" in big font then a smaller "Squier"? Curious.
[/quote]

No, only the very first JVs had the large Fender/small Squier logo (other than the non-export Fender/Squier from that period); JV's 'generally' have the small Fender logo.

<edit>

Oh and out of principle I wouldn't buy a Squier from someone who couldn't spell it correctly in their title. ;)

Edited by warwickhunt

[b] Guitar Info[/b]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your [url=""]guitar[/url] E836318 was made at the
Fuji-gen [url=""]Plant[/url] (for Fender Japan), Japan
in the Year(s): 1984 - 1987[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]May not be accurate but without a JV serial No. I don't think it can be a 'JV'. Bargain or not - only the buyer will know! It'll cost about £450 to find out after import costs :rolleyes:[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1356977751' post='1916023']
[b] Guitar Info[/b]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
in the Year(s): 1984 - 1987[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]May not be accurate but without a JV serial No. I don't think it can be a 'JV'. Bargain or not - only the buyer will know! It'll cost about £450 to find out after import costs :rolleyes:[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Is that an E or K at the start of the serial number?

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1356977509' post='1916013']

No, only the very first JVs had the large Fender/small Squier logo (other than the non-export Fender/Squier from that period); JV's 'generally' have the small Fender logo.

<edit>

Oh and out of principle I wouldn't buy a Squier from someone who couldn't spell it correctly in their title. ;)
[/quote]
It does wind me up the amount of people that spell it wrong although I hope to one day find a gem on eBay that no one else notices cuz iv searched 'squire'. I suspect that day will never come. Nice bass although I thought 90s Squiers were Korean

[quote name='bh2' timestamp='1356990634' post='1916218']
I have a nineties Jap Squier 'Silver Series' P bass... is it a JV?
[/quote]

if the serial number starts with JV, it´s a JV... full stop.

if it starts with E, it´s and E series SQ SQ series, etc etc.
really...

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1357053237' post='1916814']
if the serial number starts with JV, it´s a JV... full stop.

if it starts with E, it´s and E series SQ SQ series, etc etc.
really...
[/quote]
Unless it's an SQ specced instrument which went out with one of the remaining JV plates. :P ;)