Why become a member? ×

MAG 300 115 Combo cab

thinman

I'm thinking of keeping the MAG300 head from my Ashdown MAG300 C115 combo amd making/acquiring a sleeve for it.

That leaves me with a cabinet with a 1 x 15" driver and no head.

Would this be of any use to anyone for £40 or so? With a bit of woodwork (or just blanks put in where the amp went) it would make a reasonable extension cab. I could fit a connector plate with Speakons in if that would help.

Edited by thinman

[quote name='thinman' post='200057' date='May 16 2008, 12:03 AM']I'm thinking of keeping the MAG300 head from my Ashdown MAG300 C115 combo amd making/acquiring a sleeve for it.

Would this be of any use to anyone for £40 or so? With a bit of woodwork (or just blanks put in where the amp went) it would make a reasonable extension cab. I could fit a connector plate with Speakons in if that would help.[/quote]
bump

[quote name='thinman' post='200057' date='May 16 2008, 12:03 AM']I'm thinking of keeping the MAG300 head from my Ashdown MAG300 C115 combo amd making/acquiring a sleeve for it.

Would this be of any use to anyone for £40 or so? With a bit of woodwork (or just blanks put in where the amp went) it would make a reasonable extension cab. I could fit a connector plate with Speakons in if that would help.[/quote]
how much just for the driver?

[quote name='bassmansky' post='201465' date='May 18 2008, 12:30 PM']how much just for the driver?[/quote]

Hmm. I think these blue line replacements go for about £70 new so I'm guestimating but £30 + P&P? I'm not too keen on breaking it down any further as that then leaves me with a pice of Ashdown woodwork which seems a bit wasteful. I'm still struggling with the economics of selling the combo complete and buying another head or breaking as described. My only concern with keeping the head with a home-made sleeve is potential resale value so I really need to check if Ashdown will sell me one.

Don't take this as an outright no - I'd just like to see if there's any further interest in the cab or complete combo.