Why become a member? ×

Lakland strings - another reason to buy them.

wateroftyne

Hi all

A few of you might have heard me extolling the virtues of[url="http://www.lakland.com/direct/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LD&Product_Code=JOSF4"] Lakland flatwound strings[/url] over the last year or so.

I've switched all my basses to them from the La Bellas, which we know are great strings. The Laklands are easily up there with them, and a bit more going on in the mids - with the added benefit that they're far cheaper than the La Bellas when you order them direct from Lakland in the US.

Anyway, on Christmas Eve I strung up my P, and I noticed the 'A' was a bit dull compared to the rest of the set. I emailed them to explain, and on the 27th, I got an apologetic email from a chap called Brian. A replacement 'A' string arrived from Chicago this morning. I've stuck it on the bass, and it's perfect.

So there you go - not only are they great strings, but they'll look after you if something ain't right.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1357159912' post='1918492']they're far cheaper than the La Bellas when you order them direct from Lakland in the US.[/quote]

Assuming you don't get hit for inport duties/customs charges etc... <_< :rolleyes:

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1357161880' post='1918549']
I've bought five sets so far - not a peep on any of 'em...
[/quote]

Is that five transactions of a single set each time, or one transaction of five sets?

I think sometimes you are more likely to get charged if the package is more bulky.... what are the postage charges like Michael and do you buy them direct from Lakland themselves?

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1357162502' post='1918565']
Is that five transactions of a single set each time, or one transaction of five sets?

I think sometimes you are more likely to get charged if the package is more bulky.... what are the postage charges like Michael and do you buy them direct from Lakland themselves?
[/quote]

Five separate sets... about £21 a pop, inc. postage.