Why become a member? ×

New Kit Richardson Music & Video - TRUST

xilddx

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1357592376' post='1925116']
Nice one Nige, I genuinely love it! :)

Great track for starters. The Gillian Wearing holding up signs thing has been done loads, but it really works to good effect here and made me laugh/smile throughout. It looks like it was a load of fun to make and I like the fact it's dead informal and low tech - very much a part of its charm.

You mention that some professional vids are on the way, but to be honest I think this one has a lot of mileage in it. It's probably got better potential for going viral in my opinion - simply 'cos it's chock full of personality.

Anyway, keep us posted on it all mate.
[/quote]

Thanks mate! Like the GW ref :)

I'm hoping the pro vids will have just as much personality, maybe in a different way.

Glad you like it man!

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1357598937' post='1925307']
Love the track Nigel, saw this on Facebook too, lovely stuff from Kit again, well done!
[/quote]
Oh thanks Si, it's really important to me that you approve.

I'm so glad you like the track! It's actually my favourite vocal performance of the EP at the moment, but then I listen to the others and my favourites keep changing :) I can't wait for it to be released into the wild.

Thanks mate, really appreciate it.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1357638015' post='1925600']Woke up to find it's had 670 odd plays in 24 hours, that seems very encouraging :)[/quote]

About five of those are mine! I also spammed it on Twitter for you mate. That's my 10% cut of any royalties secured right there :D

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1357642127' post='1925692']
No probs, bud. I notice it's been re-Tweeted by Silvia and other fellow BC'ers, so folks are getting the word out :)
[/quote]

We're a bit overwhelmed at the amount of support we've had from Basschat, it's really gratifying, and we are so grateful !

I truly believe Kit's music has great commercial potential, but it's a cruel and harsh music industry out there, so every single view, like, tweet, re-tweet and Facebook share or message helps get the word out and reassures us that people actually like this music.

THANK YOU ALL!

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1357639430' post='1925631']
About five of those are mine! I also spammed it on Twitter for you mate. That's my 10% cut of any royalties secured right there :D[/quote]

Last I heard there's going to be free promo copies to all BCers to plug round their local radio stations. ;)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1357570496' post='1924625']
BRX, it should be released this month. But maybe a little longer, Kit's rerecording the vox and synth on one of them as she wasn't happy with the sound. The mix has more clarity than the YT encoding, but I know what you mean and the vocal does blend with the backing in a couple of parts but that's how Kit wanted it.
[/quote]

Good to hear - looking forward to the new CD. Kit is a great singer and lyricist, and is singing stuff that's worth listening to, but without the flash cards there were places in the video where the lyrics would have been incomprehensible.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1357645419' post='1925774']
Good to hear - looking forward to the new CD. Kit is a great singer and lyricist, and is singing stuff that's worth listening to, but without the flash cards there were places in the video where the lyrics would have been incomprehensible.
[/quote]

Thanks, Mike, and fair comment.

Mate I keep forgetting to comment on here.

What a great video, low tech but I like it because of that, you get the feeling that everyone involved had fun & all the people on the video are friends. It keeps making me smile loads, beautiful voice, great song & brilliant video. I wish you guys all the best in this because the music is just so fresh & clean and everything i have heard by you guys has been utterly brilliant.

Big thumbs up from me :)

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1357663805' post='1926290']
Mate I keep forgetting to comment on here.

What a great video, low tech but I like it because of that, you get the feeling that everyone involved had fun & all the people on the video are friends. It keeps making me smile loads, beautiful voice, great song & brilliant video. I wish you guys all the best in this because the music is just so fresh & clean and everything i have heard by you guys has been utterly brilliant.

Big thumbs up from me :)
[/quote]

What a lovely thing to say :) Thanks Gav!