Why become a member? ×

Maceo Parker - and a lovely bass tone.

mcnach

[url="http://youtu.be/dsRmL9mgxCU"]http://youtu.be/dsRmL9mgxCU[/url]

I love that bass.

It's making me want -badly- a bass with a P type pickup closer to the bridge than usual... or even a twin P.

Enjoy the video!

Edited by mcnach

Ah, I love this video. I've not yet managed to see it and not think about the gulf between what BC Rich [i]was[/i], and what it is now. I'm not sure how far off my Eagle is in terms of kit and construction from the old vintage models. MIne has DiMarzios, again with those lovely cream covers, and it sounds superb. Lorne would know!

Going back to that thread about the tone being in the fingers, there's some superb playing (to my ears, subjectivity fans!) in this video.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1357608319' post='1925421']
Ah, I love this video. I've not yet managed to see it and not think about the gulf between what BC Rich [i]was[/i], and what it is now. I'm not sure how far off my Eagle is in terms of kit and construction from the old vintage models. MIne has DiMarzios, again with those lovely cream covers, and it sounds superb. Lorne would know!

Going back to that thread about the tone being in the fingers, there's some superb playing (to my ears, subjectivity fans!) in this video.
[/quote]

I just finished watching it (still on holiday until Thursday! :)) loved it.

It's funny, there's a thread around about ugly basses, and I did not participate, but my first thought was BC Rich!!!.
I now have an automatic search on eBay for BC Rich Mockingbird bass :lol: edit: and Eagle!!!

I agree about the "superb playing" comment. It's just so... right! And his tone is just lovely. Great definition, but not harsh or annoyingly nasal... fat but not boomy. Just... right.
It's stuff like this that makes me pick my bass and play along, and remember why I started playing bass in the first place.

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1357616619' post='1925456']
This video pops up every so often. I think you'll all find it is a BC-Rich Wave with nipples.
[/quote]

Ah, there you go - I did look at the top horn and wonder, as it's more angular than the Eagle.

You and me too, McNach! I'd love to find another one, but I think most are locked down with very happy owners. I do remain curious about the Greg Week's signature Eagle, but it's anything [i]but[/i] vintage BC Rich.

If you're ever in York you're welcome to drop in and have a try.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1357671014' post='1926456']
Ah, there you go - I did look at the top horn and wonder, as it's more angular than the Eagle.

You and me too, McNach! I'd love to find another one, but I think most are locked down with very happy owners. I do remain curious about the Greg Week's signature Eagle, but it's anything [i]but[/i] vintage BC Rich.

If you're ever in York you're welcome to drop in and have a try.
[/quote]

I would only take you up on your offer if you first set it up badly, really badly, so that I lose interest. :lol:

I keep looking at it and thinking "that's one sexy bass!!!".
Of course, my girlfriend reminded me that owning a bass like that means nothing if I don't play like him... :mellow: dang, she is right! I hate it when that happens! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...