Why become a member? ×

To stop me buying it, mispelt Walkabout Combo - Cheap

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1357856380' post='1929745']
I sent him a message just confirming he was happy with PayPal and postage, it's very very tempting these combos are really light and loud and very tubesq
[/quote]

So, are you going to bid? If so, I'll hold off...

I was debating it but don't really have the cash or a true need at the moment so I've gone the other route and ordered myself some custom strings and hipshots I was after.

So feel free to bid, but I've not heard back from the guy on payment and postage, I'm sure he's fine though your pretty safe as a buy these days using paypal and ebay.

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1357899432' post='1930137']
I was debating it but don't really have the cash or a true need at the moment so I've gone the other route and ordered myself some custom strings and hipshots I was after.

So feel free to bid, but I've not heard back from the guy on payment and postage, I'm sure he's fine though your pretty safe as a buy these days using paypal and ebay.
[/quote]

No - wrong answer from you! I wanted you to say you'd be bidding so I didn't have to decide whether to or not. You're no help at all! Apparently, the combo weighs 24 Kgs, and that makes me think twice about buying it. That's substantially more than my Barefaced Compact + GKMB500 rig, so I'm left wondering what would be the benefit in terms of luggability. I'm going to pass. Still looking for a combo that's small, powerful, cheap and reliable - aren't we all.

Edited by solo4652

• 2 weeks later...

That was one of the early walkabout scouts. It has sockets for passive and active as opposed to a switch. I had one of these and had problems with it as did many folk who had early models. Mine was evenutally replaced by a brand new model which has been just hunky-dory ever since. So don't worry about missing this combo, it may have a problem anyway. Feel better?