Why become a member? ×

Jack Bruce Signature Fretless

Andyjr1515

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1362159328' post='1996652']
I look forward to your future builds, the sky would be the limit for you if you actually had a workshop...and didnt need to use a patio table as a workbench lol.

Kudos!
[/quote]
My wife would say that the rest of the house IS my workshop :lol: A very angry lady and I have no idea what I could have possible done wrong :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1363119056' post='2008912']
Amazing to follow. How many hours approx was the build?
[/quote].
I'm not sure but I started it in October during a weeks holiday (maybe 20hours?) then it was any spare time I had during otherwise busy (and dry) weekends finishing it in mid December.
Probably around 50 hours all in - could have that completely wrong!
Andy

[quote name='yepmop' timestamp='1363120036' post='2008929']
Top quality finish, well done, what does it play like?
[/quote]
I'm pleased to say it plays superbly well. In terms of the neck, I think there was lots of beginners luck involved! For the neck profile, I took templates from the customers existing favourite fretted Yamaha so it has a very similar feel. I spent a lot of time making sure the fretboard was really flat and the Warwick adjustable nut meant easy to get all four strings JUST touching the fretboard. Lots of adjustment on the bridge too - I am really impressed with the Warwick hardware and its very reasonable pricing.
The pups sound great and the SD preamp gives it all tonal variations our bassist needs.
Proof of the pudding is that every time our band plays, our bassist comments how nice it is to play...and usually he's a right misery :-)

I'm the band's reserve bassist and, although fretless is not my forte, it feels great.