Why become a member? ×

Customer Service done properly by Diago

Happy Jack

[color=#0000ff]1600 Monday, Happy Jack to Diago:[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Hi guys,[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Sorry to bother you, but I just bought a Diago 18V converter (PS09?) to use with my Power Station (PS01). I was looking for a better signal from my Catalinbread SFT.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]As soon as I plugged it in yesterday, it killed the signal from my bass, the power light on the PS01 transformer started pulsing regularly, and the amp started emitting a pulsing thud rather like a heartbeat (but singles, rather than doubles!).[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Your compatibility chart suggests that there should be no problem - am I missing something?[/color]

[color=#b22222]1638 Monday, Diago to Happy Jack[/color]

[color=#b22222]Hi Jack,

Thanks for your email. I'll get you up and running as soon as possible.

Some comments / questions:

1) The 18V Adaptor is PS08. PS09 is the Isolator. Do you definitely have the 18V Adaptor?
2) Presumably, the killed signal / flashing LED / pulsing happened when you plugged the Adaptor on to the Daisy Chain, and was not plugged into the SFT? Is that right? I need to know what order you plugged in the Daisy Chain into the Adaptor, and the Adaptor into the pedal.
3) It sounds like the Adaptor has shorted for some reason. If you can send me your address, I'll send you another.

As far as I can tell, you're not missing something. :-)[/color]

[color=#0000ff]1639 Monday, HJ to D[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Outstanding response![/color]

[color=#0000ff]I'll check (again) as soon as I get home, and reply tomorrow.[/color]

[color=#b22222]1645 Monday, D to HJ[/color]

[color=#b22222]Hi Jack,

You're welcome. I wouldn't call it outstanding...just normal!

Let me know and I'll come back to you and get it sorted. :-) [/color]

0937 Tuesday, HJ to D

[color=#0000ff]Morning James,[/color]

[color=#0000ff]1) The unit is definitely the PS08 18V Adaptor - please see photo attached.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]2) To answer this one, when I got home last night I removed the daisy chain from the PS01, plugged the PS01 into the mains to get a constant green light, then plugged the PS08 onto the PS01. The green light immediately went into slow-pulse mode. I switched everything off, started again, but this time re-attached the daisy chain and then plugged the PS08 onto the daisy chain. Same result. I didn't think it was a good idea to connect the Diago to my pedals or through them to the amp, since I could already see that the problem was arising before that stage anyway.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]3) My address is: XXX[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Are there any other tests that you'd like me to try? If not, shall I return the unit to you?[/color]

[color=#b22222]1056 Tuesday, D to HJ[/color]

[color=#b22222]Hi Jack,

Thanks for the clear and prompt response. It's very helpful.

So..in summary, it's a dead 18V Adaptor. There are no other tests needed. If you can send the broken/dud one back to me (just a small jiffy bag is fine), that will enable us to test it properly to see if there's something to improve, and would be most helpful.

I'll send a new one to you today[/color]

From start to finish, I was dealing direct with James Kitchen, the founder and boss of Diago. As far as I'm concerned, this is customer service done right.