Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

I've heard back from Dale, apparently it's being picked up this weekend to be used. As for having it couriered, I don't see any issues with that myself. Depending on timeframes, ubassman, I could email you Dale's contact details and I'll mention it going to you then up to Falkirk instead of it staying where it is? If memory serves well, there's a fair few north of the border that want a go.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1370534711' post='2102366']
I've heard back from Dale, apparently it's being picked up this weekend to be used. Depending on timeframes, ubassman, I could email you Dale's contact details and I'll mention it going to you then up to Falkirk instead of it staying where it is?
[/quote]

My next gig after this weekend is on 23rd and that clashes with Falkirk. If Falkirk is a go-er then I'll grab the bass back after if it does nt come off then I guess we will revert to plan A?

Can I forward plan and make a request that wherever the bass is at the time , that I book it for the week between 8th - 15th July - I will arrange for a courier to pick it up and then send onto the next person. I have a gig that I may be able to get some local tv news to cover which would be great (DonnyBoy - I don't need it till then so if Falkirk is going to be on then its a case of speaking to Dale at BB Blackdog who still has the bass ) . Is that ok with everyone?

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1370807790' post='2105884']
Can I forward plan and make a request that wherever the bass is at the time , that I book it for the week between 8th - 15th July - I will arrange for a courier to pick it up and then send onto the next person. I have a gig that I may be able to get some local tv news to cover which would be great (DonnyBoy - I don't need it till then so if Falkirk is going to be on then its a case of speaking to Dale at BB Blackdog who still has the bass ) . Is that ok with everyone?
[/quote]

Fantastic! If you are interviewed on local news, make sure to give the Facebook page a plug! If the report gets posted online, we will share it too. Win win win :)

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1370856577' post='2106230']
Fantastic! If you are interviewed on local news, make sure to give the Facebook page a plug! If the report gets posted online, we will share it too. Win win win :)
[/quote]

...hope so - fingers crossed !

[i]Right!! Let's Rock!![/i]

[i]On or around the 23 June I have arranged for John "Rhino" Edwards of Status Quo to get involved in some shape or form when the Quo play Falkirk Stadium . :i-m_so_happy: [/i]

[i]I therefore need to get the bass & gubbins (T shirt, collection pots . log book etc)up here pronto. Or I am going to feel like a complete diddy, and be disappointed :sad: [/i]

[i]I've sent a message to Dale at BB Blackdog as suggested , but see he hasn't been online since 15 May- if there's a quicker/more direct way to get it moving I'd be grateful for any assistance.[/i]

[i]I'd guess I'll be able to get at least local press coverage.[/i]

[i]Rhino kindly asked whether to get all of Status Quo to sign the bass, but as it's a bass thing I'm not sure about it. If we could get a pic with the rest of the band , or something supporting it that could raise the profile somewhat.Any thoughts?[/i]

[i]After that I have a gig on 5 July in Kirkintilloch ( thanks Gezzaboy) , and I could use it then before sending it back down if that suits?[/i]

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1371030225' post='2108741']
[i]Right!! Let's Rock!![/i]

[i]On or around the 23 June I have arranged for John "Rhino" Edwards of Status Quo to get involved in some shape or form when the Quo play Falkirk Stadium . :i-m_so_happy: [/i]

[i]I therefore need to get the bass & gubbins (T shirt, collection pots . log book etc)up here pronto. Or I am going to feel like a complete diddy, and be disappointed :sad: [/i]

[i]I've sent a message to Dale at BB Blackdog as suggested , but see he hasn't been online since 15 May- if there's a quicker/more direct way to get it moving I'd be grateful for any assistance.[/i]

[i]I'd guess I'll be able to get at least local press coverage.[/i]

[i]Rhino kindly asked whether to get all of Status Quo to sign the bass, but as it's a bass thing I'm not sure about it. If we could get a pic with the rest of the band , or something supporting it that could raise the profile somewhat.Any thoughts?[/i]

[i]After that I have a gig on 5 July in Kirkintilloch ( thanks Gezzaboy) , and I could use it then before sending it back down if that suits?[/i]
[/quote]

If you know Dale's full name, I could try to contact him via the Facebook page.

I'll let James say whether he wants the Quo to sign the bass or not, but plenty of good quality pictures would be good! They can go into the final auction when the bass has done it's tour of duty, so to speak :) Also, if you can get the guys to make an entry into the log book and/or sign the t-shirt, that would be cool too! All publicity for the relay is a good thing! Also, if you could give the Facebook page a bit of a plug (or even get the Quo to like it/share it on their Facebook page) that would be great!

Well done for getting such a high profile act to get involved with the relay! As you know, it's all for a good cause :)

Fantastic news about the Quo !! I Guess its Jim's call about signing the bass ...but personally that would be pretty awesome ! I have Dales contact number and I will PM you with that - probably best for you to call him direct but if I can help in any way then let me know.

The dates works perfectly for me - after you are done on the 5th I will arrange for it to be collected on 6th / 7th Jul and have it couriered down to me in derbyshire. Great job ! :D

Edited by ubassman

I have a friend who will do me a favour and use his company UPS courier service - as long as its under 20kg they will send anywhere in the uk for around £6 next day delivery . Wouldn't like to offer that as a general offering but if there is ever an emergency situation ....well I guess thats when to play the card !

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1371031309' post='2108765']
I have a friend who will do me a favour and use his company UPS courier service - as long as its under 20kg they will send anywhere in the uk for around £6 next day delivery . Wouldn't like to offer that as a general offering but if there is ever an emergency situation ....well I guess thats when to play the card !
[/quote]

Feel free to use that to have the bass couriered between yourself and Donny. Any emergency situation will have to be dealt with when the situation arises. I don't think it would be fair to expect you to organise a courier when the bass isn't under your care.

Bloody hell! That's fantastic news. Great work Donnyboy. I'm happy for having them all sign it and having it couriered. I'll message dale and me ruin that you've his details and that something is going to be arranged. We need to get that to you pronto.

Have managed to change my signature in my profile settings as below . Would be good if anyone else taking part could add the following which I think can be copied and pasted into participating members profiles - might help raise the profile in the community ...just an idea !!

Proud to be involved in [b][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/196941-the-bass-relay-thread/page__st__380"]THE Bass Relay [/url][/b] ....Bassists raising money for Cancer Research UK!

Follow the [b][url="http://www.facebook.com/BcBassRelay?hc_location=stream"]Bass Relay on Facebook[/url] [color=#ffffff] ..........[/color][/b]Follow the [b] [url="https://twitter.com/BassRelay"]Bass Relay on Twitter[/url][/b]

[color=#ffffff][b].[/b][/color]

Edited by ubassman

I've spoken to Dale - what a great bloke!

He's going to send me his details and should be able to get it picked up asap- it's waiting and ready to go!!

I'd like to use the emergency situation card if at all possible!!

edit - the cut and paste didn't work for me - maybe I'm breaching some work protocol!!!

Edited by Donnyboy

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1371034177' post='2108817']

He's going to send me his details and should be able to get it picked up asap- it's waiting and ready to go!!

edit - the cut and paste didn't work for me - maybe I'm breaching some work protocol!!!
[/quote]

Do feel free, if Peter wants to allow you to use it. It's up to Peter. I'm going to get in touch with some courier firms ASAP (as soon as I have all the details) to see if they can do us a good turn. So unless you want it by the end of the week (in which case, use Peter's offer), I would imagine we can get something organised for next week.

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1371034177' post='2108817']

[/quote]

Wrey!?! All systems are go then. This is all quite exciting isn't it?