Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1371159749' post='2110804']
...you have a map?
[/quote]

[url="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=210691614987351235849.0004d5f2ff114291042ee&msa=0"]Yup[/url] B) , I believe it is linked to the BC Relay facebook page aswell

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1371160049' post='2110809']
[url="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=210691614987351235849.0004d5f2ff114291042ee&msa=0"]Yup[/url] B) , I believe it is linked to the BC Relay facebook page aswell
[/quote]

That's right, and also linked in my blog post! :)

[b] I posted this on the Facebook page , thought I'd share here too![/b]

[b] Ok , I'm patiently waiting for the Relay Bass to arrive in Falkirk on Tuesday , when I'll be getting interviewed by the Falkirk Herald.
Why?
Well, because on Sun 23 June I'll be meeting up with John " Rhino" Edwards bass player for some 27 years with Status Quo when they play Falkirk Stadium. That's why!

Rhino has very kindly, at short notice, agreed to get involved - not exactly sure what we'll do but it'll involve pictures at the least.

Also I've managed to get a gig for my band The Signals on Sat 22 June at the Callendar Arms here in Falkirk, and close to the Stadium. That day/night there's a big 80's fest at the stadium with Midge Ure, Paul young , 5 Star, T'pau, Curiosity Killed the Cat and the like . So hopefully the place will be jumping. I shall be fumbling my way through some tunes using the Relay Bass and hopefully raising loadsa money for Cancer Research.

Let's Rock!![/b]

This means I'll have finished with it after 23 June so it'll be available up here for a little while or it can go back down the road sooner than i'd thought previously.

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1371303439' post='2112349']
Noticed there's only 182 'likes' on the Facebook page, seems awful low considering the number of forum members on here.
[/quote]

It's awfully low regardless of how many forum members there are! We've been trying to get more likes on Facebook and we even have dedicated Twitter account now (piloted by me), but neither seem to get a great amount of attention. Some posts on Facebook will be seen by a fair few people, sometimes around 6 times the amount posts would normally get, just from a few shares. So what I think is, anybody who likes the Facebook page should go and share a status; maybe the one about how to donate? Ask people to like the page and consider a donation. 10 shares should get it seen by thousands, and hopefully some likes would come out of that. So I reckon that's what we should all do today! :)

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1371299788' post='2112281']
[b] I posted this on the Facebook page , thought I'd share here too![/b]

[b] Ok , I'm patiently waiting for the Relay Bass to arrive in Falkirk on Tuesday , when I'll be getting interviewed by the Falkirk Herald.
Why?
Well, because on Sun 23 June I'll be meeting up with John " Rhino" Edwards bass player for some 27 years with Status Quo when they play Falkirk Stadium. That's why!

Rhino has very kindly, at short notice, agreed to get involved - not exactly sure what we'll do but it'll involve pictures at the least.

Also I've managed to get a gig for my band The Signals on Sat 22 June at the Callendar Arms here in Falkirk, and close to the Stadium. That day/night there's a big 80's fest at the stadium with Midge Ure, Paul young , 5 Star, T'pau, Curiosity Killed the Cat and the like . So hopefully the place will be jumping. I shall be fumbling my way through some tunes using the Relay Bass and hopefully raising loadsa money for Cancer Research.

Let's Rock!![/b]

This means I'll have finished with it after 23 June so it'll be available up here for a little while or it can go back down the road sooner than i'd thought previously.
[/quote]

Great! I saw the post on the Facebook group! Well done, Donald :)

There is no plan for it to go anywhere , it goes to where-ever there is someone who wants to get involved , the collection and handover logistics are just taken as part of the deal, and it travels accordingly, it started off down south , but the take up seemed slow and it made its way northward , the southern bass community need to raise their game somewhat :P , The Portsmouth contingent duly excepted ;)

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1371369354' post='2112914']
There is no plan for it to go anywhere , it goes to where-ever there is someone who wants to get involved , the collection and handover logistics are just taken as part of the deal, and it travels accordingly, it started off down south , but the take up seemed slow and it made its way northward , the southern bass community need to raise their game somewhat :P , The Portsmouth contingent duly excepted ;)
[/quote]

Absolutely, but just wait until it get's to NI; The southern bass community will seem like a hive of activity in comparison!

Anyway, Steve, the baton is going to be used for a couple of gigs up in Scotland, then is supposed to come back down for gigs in England. I believe Peter (Ubassman) already has a gig lined up for it in early July, so it should be free within the month. Where are you based?

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1371400688' post='2113384']
I have the bass after Falkirk and its available from 14th July onwards - I am in derbyshire between Bakewell and Buxton ....less than an hour from Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Derby ...anyone going to pick up the next leg ?
[/quote]

do you have your gig details and anything you want saying on the map pin ?

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1371402793' post='2113423']...Well, I've gotten sidetracked and started writing another blog post :rolleyes:[/quote]

...which I've seen, and can recommend. Well written, well illustrated; nice work. Well done, that man... B)