Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

So you guys who were saying that I am a doer, and I deserve respect? Well, Peter, aka ubassman, is now driving to pick up the relay baton from BBBlackdog and drop it off to the UPS depot, as for some reason which we don't know yet, it wasn't collected this morning.

I think Peter deserves our respect and admiration for his dedication, and if anybody wants to chuck a pound or 2 into the pot, we can sort him out with a nice little gift :)

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1371488521' post='2114490']
So you guys who were saying that I am a doer, and I deserve respect? Well, Peter, aka ubassman, is now driving to pick up the relay baton from BBBlackdog and drop it off to the UPS depot, as for some reason which we don't know yet, it wasn't collected this morning.

I think Peter deserves our respect and admiration for his dedication, and if anybody wants to chuck a pound or 2 into the pot, we can sort him out with a nice little gift :)
[/quote]

I have a lovely Ashdown Cap he can have

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1371570292' post='2115671']
It's here in Falkirk.
[/quote]

[size=8]bro?!![/size]

Glad it got to you - thanks to Dale for be patient and I guess to UPS for finally doing the business even though 'tracking' still only says 'a label has been printed" !!

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1371592544' post='2116066']
[size=8]bro?!![/size]

Glad it got to you - thanks to Dale for be patient and I guess to UPS for finally doing the business even though 'tracking' still only says 'a label has been printed" !!
[/quote]

Thanks to you, Peter, for stepping up to the mark! :)

[url="http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/local-headlines/back-to-bass-ics-in-falkirk-for-quo-s-rhino-1-2972073"]http://www.falkirkhe...rhino-1-2972073[/url]

[url="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=550138125028639&set=a.421656804543439.88450.100000973692825&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-frc3%2F999533_550138125028639_1662995741_n.jpg&size=595%2C420"]https://www.facebook...&size=595%2C420[/url]

Not sure if this'll work but click links to press article about the Relay - if anyone can get copy the article to post properly feel free. The online Atricle is abit shorter than the paper one I think.

Edited by Donnyboy

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1371801736' post='2118209']
is it back daaaarrn saaarff yet?

i have a gig this saturday which i could treat the bass to (the venue manager tells us there are five hen parties booked in for that night!)
[/quote]

Sorry, it's still in Falkirk, and will be for the next week or so. It would have been great if you could play it at a gig with 5 hen parties though!

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1371809135' post='2118332']
Sorry, it's still in Falkirk, and will be for the next week or so. It would have been great if you could play it at a gig with 5 hen parties though!
[/quote]

indeed would have made for some hilarious photos of the purple bass getting mobbed by drunken laydeees :lol:

The other day, a nurse wanted to use the paper you sent me, Donald, as something to lean on to write some notes. I was like "No... you can use the desk that the paper is sitting on though...".

I restrained myself from saying "No, actually that's a paper my friend in Scotland sent me because he got the bass player from Status Quo to play this bass that's going around the UK to raise money for Cancer Research UK, and I'm helping to organise and stuff, and also my blog is quoted in it *breeeaaattthhheeee*" :D

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1372277490' post='2123813']
The other day, a nurse wanted to use the paper you sent me, Donald, as something to lean on to write some notes. I was like "No... you can use the desk that the paper is sitting on though...".

I restrained myself from saying "No, actually that's a paper my friend in Scotland sent me because he got the bass player from Status Quo to play this bass that's going around the UK to raise money for Cancer Research UK, and I'm helping to organise and stuff, and also my blog is quoted in it *breeeaaattthhheeee*" :D
[/quote]

You need to careful - and there's another edition to look after!

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1372276521' post='2123801']
well done Donald , has it moved on now then ?
[/quote]

Not yet , I'm waiting to send it to ubassman so he can use itat a Proms in The Garden event! OOOh, fancy :D

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1372367244' post='2125035']
Could we have the photos and writeup here on this thread too? Would make it easier for me to tweet the news and allow access to all our followers, not just those who are on FB. Thanks guys :)
[/quote]

You are such a slave driver! :D OK, I'll see what I can do, I may need your cooperation with this though, Donald :D