Why become a member? ×
Account Security - Two Factor Authentication ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1372370697' post='2125103']
There is a thread that was created to be a photo journal of the the relay, that would be the best place to focus the images of its journey I would have thought . ;)
[/quote]

Alright, geez, I'll do it tomorrow! .... :mellow:

The " Getting Relay Famous" Relay Bass/ Baton/Purple Princess will be appearing at Smiths Bar Kirkintilloch, ( G66 1DD) nearish Glasgow, tomorrow night !!!

Last Played by Rhino Edwards of Status Quo at Falkirk Stadium.

Edited by Donnyboy

Ok so the bass is now on its way back in Derbyshire ! Looking for the next bass player to carry the batten in the Relay. Its really easy as a concept, you just pick up the bass, do a gig and have a whip round for Cancer Research and then pass the bass on to the next person. Its that easy!

Great that Quo's bass player Rhino Edwards got involved a week or so ago at Falkirk Stadium , he is apparently having words with Pino to get involved !!

I am doing my bit on Saturday at [url="http://www.haddonhall.co.uk/special-events/haddon-hall-proms-in-the-garden/"]Proms in the Garden[/url] event at Haddon Hall ( what a contrast to Falkirk ) and the bass is in Derbyshire ready for the next leg of the relay from 14th July onwards . Have got to say that I have really enjoyed meeting fellow bassists and sharing the experience - feels really great to be involved and be raising funds for such a great cause !

If everyone on Bass Chat chipped in just £1 ...that would make a lot of money ! Simple challenge :- click to a different thread now or click on the Just Giving link below and donate £1.

Theres a Map of Honour which tracks where the bass has been and its journey plus Facebook , and Twitter feeds ( see the links below). If nothing else help spread the good word !

Edited by ubassman

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1373658501' post='2140383']
Well, tis the eve before my gig , bass is really got a funky tone looking forward to playing it and raising some funds for Cancer Research UK ...question is who will be next in the Bass Chat Relay? !!
[/quote]

We had an inquiry over Facebook for the 27th july in Kent, I think it was. That was from Steve Clutton.