Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1376140016' post='2170134']
Will do! Wait a second and I'll edit this post.
Edit: here it is! It's from Music Industry News and I think we can thank Lars Mullen (this being only the start of his work!)
[/quote]

Excellent ...! With all the hard work that everyone is doing and the help of guys like Lars ( :hi: hats off to you Lars ) the Relay will continue to go from strength to strength . Would be good to re-evaluate the target that is showing on Just Giving. It always better to be striving meet a target that isn't met rather than top up a target that has already been smashed !

Edited by ubassman

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1376206051' post='2170710']
Excellent ...! With all the hard work that everyone is doing and the help of guys like Lars ( :hi: hats off to you Lars ) the Relay will continue to go from strength to strength . Would be good to re-evaluate the target that is showing on Just Giving. It always better to be striving meet a target that isn't met rather than top up a target that has already been smashed !
[/quote]

Absolutely! I think it was discussed when we first beat the initial target (I believe it was you, Peter, who tipped it over the edge, no?), but James is the only one with the ability to change it. Don't know if he decided against it, or forgot, or was too busy to squeeze it in, but it would be good if we could say we were aiming to break the next barrier of £2000, based on how good the donations have been so far!

Let's keep up the morale anyway! It's going well, I think. It had a bit of a rest, but it's going to see a lot of action soon hopefully :)

I messaged Facebook with a photo but whoever is the admin hasn't done anything with it although it's a fairly un-interesting photo of the bass set up next to my amp. I haven't got an easy way of hosting photos publicly set up.

There was someone there taking good photos I just have to wait for them.

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1376303525' post='2171803']
I messaged Facebook with a photo but whoever is the admin hasn't done anything with it although it's a fairly un-interesting photo of the bass set up next to my amp. I haven't got an easy way of hosting photos publicly set up.

There was someone there taking good photos I just have to wait for them.
[/quote]

Theres a couple of photos that need posted. I'll do it today :)

[color=#333333]Well guys, I've just got off the phone to John "Rhino" Edwards, as most of you are aware, he got involved in the relay and signed the bass. However, he's taken things one step further. He's had a chat with his mates over at Status Graphite, and they've told John that they're up for getting involved. By the sounds of things, Status will be donating one of their fantastic basses, which John (and Status) will get all of the Status endorsers to Sign, before letting us auction it off for CRUK.[/color]

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1376388627' post='2173065']
[color=#333333]Well guys, I've just got off the phone to John "Rhino" Edwards, as most of you are aware, he got involved in the relay and signed the bass. However, he's taken things one step further. He's had a chat with his mates over at Status Graphite, and they've told John that they're up for getting involved. By the sounds of things, Status will be donating one of their fantastic basses, which John (and Status) will get all of the Status endorsers to Sign, before letting us auction it off for CRUK.[/color]
[/quote]

:-0

that's incredible news, what a way to raise the profile and earn extra money. Wow!

Brilliant. Thank you James for your hard work, and also huge thanks to Donald, who got us in touch with Rhino in the first place, and was instrumental in creating this latest opportunity too. :sun_bespectacled: :drinks: :i-m_so_happy:

Edit: just seen the addition of Mark King to the list of Relay stars! Excellent.
Time to write another press release? :D

Edited by bluejay