Why become a member? ×

Greetings from another newbie.

Starterout

Hi all, just started to learn bass again, 20 years after buying my bass.
Really hoping some of your wisdom and experience will be rub off on me, so any hints or tips will always be appreciated.

I'm the proud (yes really!) owner of a Squier Jazz & my "practice" amp is an old Custom Sound Colt100B, a superb Ebay win, tho I suspect I should have paid a little more attention to the size of it!

Welcome to basschat Mr Starter,

Will It be another 20 years till your next post?
As for wisdom and experience I have none but In the book I'm reading by Kenny werner he says 'there are no wrong notes' so aparently you can play whatever you want as long as you make It look like you meant It! My band mates don't take too kindly to this, but try It, If It's good enough for Kenny........

Cheers Leen.

Hey, Mr. Terout,

Welcome!
Yeah, we know the drill.
You are shown a bass guitar, and may return to your cell, where you contemplate about bass guitars for ten years, in complete state of detachment. Then.at a larger ceremony, you're allowed to touch the bass guitar, after which you're returned to your cell for the next ten years of detached contemplation. Then the big day arrives, and you and all the other Terout Stars are gathered together for the Great Initiation. Twenty years of concentration and extra-sensory learning will finally pay off!
You're handed a bass guitar, and from the very first touch, you miss every note like if you were the bassist in Abandoned Stars.

Enjoy the banter!

best,
bert

Thanks for the welcome! I'm definitely enjoying it here, Leen, where do I get that book, it's definitely got my name on, and sounds a lot easier to follow to "Tune a day"! Discreet, I'm still at the looking at it every time I walk past it... As I've done every day for the past 20 years! At least it's getting picked up now, and I can even remember which string is which!