Why become a member? ×

Fender Jaguar Bass

mark77bass

Yep:

Plenty of sound options with the active/passive switches and different pickup options. It's Japanese-made, so the neck is slim and smooth with rolled edges. And it looks the part for my surf band.

On the other hand, I hardly ever play it as I prefer the overall feel of my USA Jazz Deluxe and the sounds I need I can get with the Jazz.

Depends what you're looking for from it, really.

I had one for a couple of years. A bit more on the neck - it is VERY slim and skinny, like the Geddy Lee bass, skinnier than your average Jazz bass. For me this was the best thing about the whole bass. Mine had a grounding hum - I didn't ever bother about it but some of the models did this. The next guy in the ownership chain sorted with a little extra shielding. . Vast array of sounds - front pup, back pup, both pups, in series or in parallel, active or passive. Some might say it is unneccessarily complicated. 2 band eq is IMO the weakest point of the whole thing with two strange rollers and rather vague centre indents. The looks won it for me at the time I bought it but, if I am honest, I would probably go for a Squier Jaguar now if I wanted that same shape - much more straightforward.

I had one which I sold , thing I kept finding was that I switched it off mid gig when things were getting a bit lively and I was digging in a bit , may have got round this by sticking some tape over the switches though ! Also I was spending lots of time messing with the switches in between songs , think I am just a simple jazz man at heart ! Loved the look and sound though and so comfortable to play , do miss it !

[quote name='mark77bass' timestamp='1358938106' post='1947231']
What about the gibson RD artist Krist signature bass?
[/quote]

A cool passive rock bass which works well for me, some dislike due to being an artist model, weight (maple neck and body!) but if you want some versatility, active/passive bass then the Fender would be for you.

My motto is to always try before you buy :)

BSB