Why become a member? ×

Evening

Lamont

Hi,

First foray into forums here (so please be gentle) I normally prefer to hide in the shadows and wait for someone else to have the balls to ask for help with whatever problem I'm wrestling with. I'm mid-20s, been playing bass for about 12 years after deciding the French Horn wasn't going to fulfil my rock n roll dreams on it's own. I mainly play straight-up rock using an Ibanez EDB700 or if I'm nostalgic for Bill & Ted my Steinberger B2A through an Ashdown MAG300 and either an Ampeg SVT15EN or (since the Ampeg threw my back out) an Ashdown VS112 cab.

Hey Lamont,

Welcome!
You'll find this is mostly a very friendly place, and one that welcomes questions. There's also the possibility to search the diverse sections and fora, so it's all up to you. I'd say: dive into the banter and be happy.

I recognise the french horn bit. As an organist, I aptly concluded that neither the pipe organ nor the harpsichord, let alone the spinet, virginal and clavichord, were gonna set my rock career in stone.

Your B2A, would that be a Hohner? My Hohner is a B2B, I think, and I seem to remember the B2A is the active version. Correct?

Anyway, enjoy the banter!

best,
bert