Why become a member? ×

Fender Hard Case

Hutton

Does anyone know anything about these cases. They seem to be new on the market. I don't know if they are now the standard issue or just an alternative for those wishing to buy a case.

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_abs_moldet_case_bass.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...t_case_bass.htm[/url]

Edited by Hutton

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1358875204' post='1946408']
At £20 more than a Hiscox they'd better be phenomenal.
[/quote]

Have to admit, my 2011 came with a Fender hardcase - so the one previous to that shown - and I still use my Hiscox case. I just think they`re better for protecting the bass, plus, being shaped rather than oblong, easier to carry up stairs, and takes up less room in the car.

Yes, I have the previous Fender case (came with 2008 P) and I still use the Hiscox for gigs. It's easily strong enough but lighter and smaller.

The Fender case is top notch though and if I was touring or flying, it would get used. The new Fender one is probably equally as good.

Frank.

The biggest difference is that the Fender SKB cases (this new one for the 2012 US standards and the older one) are fitted with TSA approved locks. These are a requirement when travelling to/from the US as they have a master key and can be opened, inspected and locked again during transit. They (TSA) are well within their rights to smash and open any other baggage locks to inspect if they feel they need to (and have done!) so I imagine Fender fitted these locks to avoid cases being broken as they export their products out of the US.

Great cases and as secure/sturdy as Hiscox IMO.